[APP] Denon Heos app form @nlrb [Not in app store]

I have the exact same issue with version 1.1.3 and Homey version 4.1.0.
The app stays at Status logged out. I’m 100% sure to have the right credentials.
Clicking Save settings doesn’t make a difference.

So that means the app is useless to me, does someone have an idea or solution?

The interface is quite basic. But normally you just need to enter credentials once, so the screen is normally only used once.

If you have entered the correct credentials and click ‘save settings’, the settings are stored and you get logged in. When the app starts again, it will use these credentials and you are automatically logged in.

Pressing ‘save settings’ when no setting has been changed will do nothing. The data needs to be changed for it to trigger (this might be a change in Homey behaviour from the past). So the trigger the backend, change e.g. username to a dummy value, press ‘save’, change it to the right data again, and press ‘save’ again.

Thanks for the quick response @nlrb. I followed your steps and at first it didn’t made a difference. However, I restarted the app and now it shows that I’m logged in. And I can find my Bar.

Thanks a million Ramón!!!

The app can’t find any devices…

Any hints on how to solve this?

Did you activated network control in the receiver settings?

I dont have a receiver. It’s a HEOS1, HEOS5 and HEOS Link.

@Marcel_Visser: can you control Heos with the Heos mobile app? If so, this app should also work.

As receivers can be turned off completely (in contrast to real Heos speakers that are always on), make sure the receiver is on and the network stack stays active when it is in standby.

The Maranz app will use another protocol to control the receiver (connects to telnet port 23, compared to telnet port 1255 for Heos). So no problem to use both apps at the same time.

To test if you can control your Heos receiver, you can use telnet <receiver_ip> 1255 and when connected enter e.g. heos://player/get_players .

@Pontus_Lindberg look at this

1 Like

Am I correct that this app from @nlrb is the one in the community store? D&M HEOS

I also have an issue that a lot of times the device is unavailable/no connection error, after an app restart it works again. Any idea how to prevent this behaviour. It looks like it happens when I start homey and the Denon heos homecinema is still off. Or it is because I turn most of the time the speaker off with the heos (android) app.

I would expect this D&M heos app can start the heos device, like the heos app (Android) can?
Robustness : Players can go offline and come back online without issue”

@rvdeijk,

Sorry, i have this issue to, i made a flow, when app denon heos app crashed then start app.

@nlrb I hope there is a better solution/fix for this blocking issue. Creating a flow that restarts the app, when it crashes seems weird. The app could maybe do this as well, the question is why does it crash. Can we help with debugging?

I am not aware of any app crashes. If it does, please create an issue on GitHub with a crash log.

@nlrb The app doesn’t crash, it just loose the device (heos homecinema). When I restart your app, the device is seen again. No idea why…

Edit: picture added.
This what I do every day. App says connection error. I restart the app and heos speaker is available.

@nlrb did you receive some crash reports this morning?

My homey went offline, finally after 2 PtP’s and a router restart it was back online and I saw the app crashed multiple times for several hours. Cause I had a flow that restarts your app when it crashes. So it went in some loop. Restart, crash, restart, crash. Finally homey decided to go offline…

It looked like this 10x

I’m on Homey 4.2.0 with app 6.2.0.652

Only apps installed via de app store send crash reports, so no.

Okay that’s a pitty.

I would like to help you to make the app more stable, by providing some reports or logs. But how do I do it, I can’t find some crash log.

Many times it looses the connection to my Denon Heos Homecinema bar and have to restart the app to find the device again. Sometimes I have to delete the device and re-add it. And once in a while the app crashes. And today it crashed at least 40 times. (exceptionally, never saw it before)

I used this app before but always lost the connection to my devices. Today I reinstalled the app via the community store and it worked fine for several hours. Now again the connection is lost. Restarting the app does not fix the problem. Only one heos7 is still connected. I’m not sure if this is the cause but it so happens that this is the device with a wired connection. All others are connected to my 5.0 WiFi. Homey to my 2.4 WiFi (same mesh network, different SSID, open connection between the networks). The HEOS app on my iPhone can still reach the devices, so can my Google Nest Hub (that sometimes also reports no connection but always restores). Both latter are on 5.0 WiFi.

[edit] The next day one device had regained the connection. The others are still lost.

Any news after the Heos App from athom is updatet?

@matrover are there any updates - like group/ungroup - on the way? :slight_smile:

Hi All,

Im not maintaing this app @nlrb is. So maybe he can shine some light :grin:

Greetings!
Matrover