[APP] Denon Heos app form @nlrb [Not in app store]

Since my last post in march 21, my situation got a lot more stable. I’m not sure what caused it. I’m running D&M HEOS v1.1.3 which I guess is newer than what I installed in '21. Also Heos had multiple updates in the meanwhile.

However still on a daily basis on or more devices loses the connection to the D&M HEOS app and it gives me a red exclamation point. Restarting the app in in most cases sufficient. Is the any way how I could make the ‘no connection’ trigger a flow?

I have recently had a support chat with HEOS, their speakers really don’t like 5Ghz WiFi, they say they can connect but their phone app frequently cannot find them if they connect via 5Ghz. I may have to change my MESH WiFi to one where I can separate 2.4 and 5Ghz channels to make some device connections more stable

I now switched to 2.4Ghz. it looks a bit more stable. let’s wait and see.

1 Like

I am awaiting a new Unifi Dream Machine, am getting rid of Netgear MESH as recent firmwares updates have made them unreliable. The Unifi gear allows for separating of 2.4 and 5Ghz so hoping to see improvements in HEOS reliability, and other devices

@nlrb thank you so much for this incredible app! I was wondering, probably like many others, if you are working on grouping and ungrouping of HEOS speakers? This would create so much opportunities for a multiroom setup!

In HomeAssistant, this is already possible with the MEDIA_PLAYER.JOIN and MEDIA_PLAYER.UNJOIN services. You can find a thread on Reddit where someone uses this to extend music that is already playing in another room, to the room where he presses the play button: https://www.reddit.com/r/heos/comments/skjrlp/i_just_found_my_perfect_multiroom_setup/

2 Likes

I installed the app without any problem but not everything is working. I want to mute/unmute music in a flow but when I test the flow a red triangle appears and music is playing like nothing happened. What can I do to fix this?

@nlrb Can I use this app with homey pro (2023)? If so, how do I install the app? I think the community app site is offline: Homey Community Store and I can’t find this app in the homey store: Homey App Store

The official heos app (last update 2021) does not support to play a favorite playlist. With only a play action it’s pretty useless.

Edit: I also made a GitHub issue: Homey Pro (2023) support · Issue #10 · nlrb/com.soundunited.heos · GitHub

1 Like

Hi there, is it possible to implement a text to speech function ? To allow homey to send a vocal message to the denon / marantz device ? As example : the dishwasher is finished ! Or many other kind of text. Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Since the last HEOS 3.0 update, neither the official Denon Heos app, nor the D&M HEOS app are working anymore on Homey.

Is there any update in the works to make it working again? I think it has to do with enhanced login security in the background of the HEOS ecosystem.