[APP][CommunityStore] App Version Checker 4.0.1

You’re the best!
Thanks for all your effort!

Where did you get the app that is causing you problems?

It can be downloaded from the Homey App Store, but only if you have the link.
It is not publically listed there.
The link

is in the first post of the app’s topic:

See the remarks in that topic that the developer and I made about it too (linked in my posts in this topic here above).

New version in the new HCS

1 Like

Hello Adrian, can you please help me? I’d like to install the new version but don’t know how to do that. I installed the HCS app on my homey 2019 but can’t update the App version checker app. Selecting other tabs in the app doesn’t seam to work (using version 3.4.0)

Searching in the HCS doesn’t show anything (keeps searching) and logging in via Profile gives (after entering the authorization code) the error ‘invalid credentials…’

Sorry but I’m not that familiar with the HCS

The old HCS doesn’t work anymore, @Walter_vande_kerkhof.
This is the new one:

You have to login and download and run the Windows/Mac installer (once) to connect your Homey to the new Homey Community Space.

The new app installs and runs just fine, @Adrian_Rockall!
Only when I install the “Dashboards” app again from the hidden link, the app halts on it and gives the following error:

Without this app, the App Version Checker runs flawless…

I have found that one but my home Internet is down atm so I will publish it as soon as I am back online.

1 Like

No hurry…
Thx, you’re the best @Adrian_Rockall!

New version is in the store

Thx, @Adrian_Rockall.
Sorry to let you know, but this version crashes on my HP23 after installing I am afraid… :frowning:

Restarting the app doesn’t help.

That’s strange as all I did was correct spelling of one variable form rc to rv.
Maybe something went wrong with the upload, so I will try again.

1 Like

Does it crash straight away?

Hmmm, I did an update over the previous (v4.0.2) version.
Now, I uninstalled the previous (v4.0.1) and did a new install of v4.0.2. That seems to have solved the problem.

Working fine now!
And it doesn’t halt/error on the Dashboards app as well.
Great job, thx once again!

1 Like

@Adrian_Rockall: Could it be that there is a problem with the App Version Checker?
It keeps displaying the following screen (keeps rotating after pressing “Check for Updates”).

Normally it should display the app that is is checking, but that isn’t displayed anymore.
When I press back and go into the app settings again, it displays the apps that have updated, but I am not sure that it had finished checking all apps…
Using v4.0.2 (the topic title says v4.01 is the latest one btw).

Somehow it seems to be working again…?
On Homey v10.3.1 (stable) now…

Athom fixed the real-time update issue.

1 Like