[App][Cloud&Pro] Twinkly

The Twinkly Homey app is v4.3.4.

Ok, I will contact Twinkly support for this.

Update: After reinstalling the Twinkly app in Homey it seems to be working again. :man_shrugging:

Since yesterday evening, the control of Twinkly lights (Twinkly dots) no longer works, and the status is no longer updated. I have already tried the repair option as well as force restarting the Homey app without success.

Same problem here,

On the twinkly app in can switch the lights on off and do more so it has have wifi connection.

On the homey app i can see the twinkly part and you can install it and rebuild the flow.
But the mangement of that device gets a time out.
So if you switch it on or off by hand gets a timeout and flow does not work either.

Please bear in mind that TwinklyApp to Twinkly uses a different protocol than anything else to Twinkly.
Make sure your Twinkly can connect to the cloud.
Mind FAQ too.
If nothing helps please contact Twinkly though their official support channels from their website.

There must be something wrong with the Twinkly cloud, you can’t connect to the device even within their app if you’re not on local WIFI.

Just to let you know: I’ve mailed Twinkly support with the same problem. I’ll keep you posted.

Edit: werkt weer. Kreeg dit als antwoord:

*"Thank you for bringing the issue to our attention. *
Fortunately, this was just a temporary issue, and we are pleased to inform you that the issue has been resolved. To ensure everything works correctly, please power cycle your Twinkly devices by disconnecting them from the power sources and then reconnecting them."

I’m having a issue with my grouped Twinkly strips. I have grouped 2 of them and all worked correctly since a week of 2 ago. When I dim this group in the Twinkly app, everything is fine, both strips dim correctly. However when I dim manually in Homey only one strip responds, the other remains on 50%, same issue when using a flow. I removed the grouped device from Homey and added it again but the same issue.

This sounds like a Twinkly Cloud problem. Essentially each Twinkly has its very own connection to the Twinkly API servers. One of the Twinkly’s seems either have connection issue or is out of sync for some reason. Homey only sees the abstract object of the Twinkly group, which is provided by the Twinkly API servers. It does not communicate with the devices directly.

There are only two things you can try here:

1. Power cycle the problem Twinkly and see if it is in sync again when it reconnected. Please cut the power to it for at least 10s and after powering it again wait a minute and test again.
  2. If the problem does not resolve this way, please create a ticket through official Twinkly support from their website.

I have de-grouped them and it worked for a day. Now it seems that all my Twinkly lights are not reachable. With The twinkly app itself works
I will create a ticket on their website

1 Like

Same here. Since today I only get timeout errors controlling Twinkly using Homey, but with the Twinkly iOS app it works fine. Maybe an cloud issue :unamused:

I have the same problem. Timeouts by controlling twinkly lights. In the Twinkly App there is no problem, also with Apple HomeKit. I installed the twinky-homey-app new but this does not solve the problem.

Hi @dferch & @Inunekko ,

I just want you to know. The Twinkly mobile apps use a completely different protocol for communicating with the devices. Please contact Twinkly support through official support channels, for these timeout issues as they have nothing to do with Homey itself.
On Homey I just forward the api error to the user interface. I can not do anything about it and Twinkly support is not monitoring this app thread page.

1 Like

I opened a support ticket at Twinkly too. I think it will be solved tomorrow, when the admin arrived at work and have a look into the status dashboards of the Twinkly cloud services :smiley:

Maybe they should use Homey with all the nice plugins for monitoring and alerting too :wink:

My ticket is now with tech support. In the meantime I’ve created a workaround with HomeKit and HomeKitty which works fine. Only downside is that no scenes can be activated with HomeKit. (Except for last used and just switch on/off)

Twinkly support is always very supportive and works over the weekend, kudo’s! Latest response:
Fortunately, this seems to be just a temporary issue, and I want to assure you that our technical team is already aware of this matter and is actively working on resolving it as soon as possible. In the meantime, I kindly ask you to wait for our update.

All my devices are back online. However, my original issue is still there. For the 2 grouped strips only one dims. Color change works fine, it’s only the dimming where one doesn’t work.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that but please let Twinkly support know that.
Technically Homey only sees a virtual device for the group. So if you add a group to Homey, homey has no clue about what individual devices are behind it. Well that is not totally correct it does know a few basic things about the capabilities. But the point is the data is aggregated by the Twinkly api services. So there is still something off at their backend in regards to this.

Yes, they are still working on this issue. For now I will dim them via HomeKit and Homekitty.