[App][Cloud&Pro] Twinkly

That idea sounded so nice that I just added it to the existing card. Will come with the next public test version.
But before you ask, at the moment it is technically not possible to query the currently playing effect. Maybe this will come some time in future but most likely not this season.

1 Like

Great, thank you ! That was a feature I was always missing with Twinkly (my wife was serving as replacement for this missing functionality :joy:) :wink: Even if the randomness would be not 100%, that’s completely fine :wink:

1 Like

Update Time

v4.2.2 just went to the test channel.
After a discussing with Twinkly, the effects flowcard is now hidden from Gen1 devices and grouped devices containing Gen1 devices. This is simply due the fact that the api does not support effects selection for Gen1.
I added this to the FAQ section as well.

The effects selection flowcard has a new virtual entry for selecting a random effect now.

2 Likes

Hi,

Choosing a color is also not an option for gen 1 devices?
And i noticed the flowcard is still there for effects. Or do i need to reinstall the lights for the tag to disappear

The gen2 device is working perfectly with the new features.

I will clarify this. Thought it was possible though.

That’s strange. It should actually disappear. Can you do me a favor and restart the app. Wait a few seconds and then generate an app diagnostics report for me?

According to Twinkly unfortunately not. In fact, you actually should not even be seeing the option to set a color for a Gen1 device. This might be a Homey bug perhaps. I will investigate on this.

I was told Gen1 devices only support basic assistant commands like on/off and brightness.

Okay!

No homey does not show the option to set a color :wink:
But i thought it was there before but maybe my fault.

@Shakesbeard the diagnostics report is in your DM

Hello !
Since the update 4.2.1, i can’t control one if my devices.
I don’t know why, i have tried to remove and re-add the device but it doesn’t work.
I have also installed the last 4.2.2 update, but without success.
I will send you a diagnostic report in DM.
Thank you !
*Edit: works after rebooting my Twinkly device!

I can confirm. Christmas lights ( Gen 2) were no longer reacting to Homey calls after updating to 4.2.2. They still did in the Twinkly app though. I could remove and re-include the device in Homey but it still can’t be controlled.

*Edit: as soon as I hit enter to post this they suddenly started working :wink:

heh. Yeah. Server load might be high at the moment.It might actually get better once a version is released to stable channel. Only one way to find out really.

@Shakesbeard Thomas, I sent you yesterday debug for random effect but getting 504 - Gateway timeout, not sure you have seen anything in the log. Still can without problem turn the lights on-off via Homey. Thank you…

DMed you

1 Like

installed the current test version. Have gen 2 string and can now add Twinkly to Homey, pairing wouldn’t work before. Unfortunately Homey doesn’t seem to have any control over Twinkly, if I toggle off in Homey the lights don’t, and the tile in Homey changes state back to reflect that twinkly is still on. gateway 504 timeout

d4711fa7-a272-4c86-b920-3d418245a881

I just checked your log. Well there is indeed a GATEWAY TIMEOUT when you trying to turn off and on.
I passed this to Twinkly for analysis to make sure it is not a backend issue on Twinkly’s end.
However, did you try power cycling your twinkly device? Maybe it actually has connection issue which has not been detected by the Twinkly servers, yet?

Works like a charm with latest test version! Thanks @Shakesbeard!!

(GEN2)

1 Like

Now that’s interesting. I power cycled Twinkly as you suggested and it seems to be working, at least for turning on/off. Before hand it was working fine via Twinkly android app. I’ll give it a day or two before adding more elements to flows. Thanks for you assistance

Edit/Update. Homey was unable to turn Twinkly on this morning, and the app crashed/restarted. Behaviour back to where it was before I power cycled Twinkly. Twinkly phone app still has full control

Anyone who knows how to set a scene? I cant find it as a ‘Then’ option… :frowning:

If you mean effect, this only works with Gen2 devices. AND you need to have the effects saved to your device before you can select it.

UPDATE TIME

I just pushed the lastest version v4.2.3 to the test channel.
Please mind the changelog at the beginning of this thread. I also updated the FAQ section to match with this version.
The RGBW led profile support is experimental. Please let me know any issue you might see with this.

2 Likes

Indeed, and both are the case. I have a gen2 and different kinds of effects on it. But still I can’t choose that action.