[APP][Cloud & Pro] Somfy Tahoma & Connexoon (v4.0.37, test v4.0.75)

Hello seems now the error is gone. The pump is back online. Thank yOu very much !

1 Like

Hello,
I again lost my somfy roller shutters 2 days ago, with the pilot unavailable message.
general problem for bridge?

I am trying to add a logging feature to Homey so I might be able to see why it is unavailable. Unfortunately it’s not so easy on Homey as it doesn’t have the Configure App option that the Homey Pro’s have.
My fear is that it’s the same problem of multiple users with the same IP accessing the Somfy servers, causing the server to block the IP. If that is the case and Somfy are not prepared to help find a solution then it could mean the app will not be usable on Homey.

Thank you Adrian for your listening, your responsiveness

Too bad this IP concern, because it was working flawlessly again for about 15 days

Hi,
Lost the app on homey(bridge) - like loading in the app lists.
Normally it gets fixed with installing the latest version. Which I tried

The problem is that installing the latest one went to an error (tested on two different browsers), see picture.
And the app vanished from my app list.
Thanks for your great input !

Hi all, so as I understand, there is a test app for homey cloud / bridge. But when I search for the app Somfy Tahoma & Connexoon, it says that it is not compatible with the selected Homey. How am I able to solve this?

Go to the first post of this thread, by Adrian. Quite a long one bit at the bottom there’s a link to the test app

Found it, tnx! My fault maybe. Also, but that is maybe off topic. Melcloud (for Mitschubishi Airconditioners) app was possible on Homey Pro but nog for Homey Cloud. It works the same as Connexoon (cloud based module) so it should be possible to create a connexion right?

Regards, Julius

You will need to contact the author of that app to see if they can update it to work with Homey Cloud. Unfortunately there are many obstacles imposed by Athom so they might not be able to do it.

Today I noticed that my Somfy temperature sensors had not been updated for six days. When I pressed the tile and got the detail information it said the data was 6 days old, but on the home screen this is not visible. It it possible to give some kind of error message on the home page tile when information is more then X hours old? I had to reload the app to get the data flowing again, by the way.

Is that on Homey Cloud or Homey Pro

Cloud

When running on Homey Cloud there are some issues with IP addresses being locked out. This is because many virtual Homey’s share a single IP address. If your Homey happens to be sharing with another Homey that is also using the Somfy app, and the IP becomes blocked, then the Somfy servers will stop all apps on that IP. There is a known issue with the Somfy servers where authentication can fail due to the cluster not being in sync. On the Homey Pro, it handles that by backing off for 15 minutes to allow the block to timeout and then retries the login. Homey has the same strategy but as there are multiple Homey’s doing the same thing on the same IP, without any way to synchronise them, the interval between login attempts is too short for the block to be removed. I have no idea how to fix this and Somfy are not interested as it is a security measure and it doesn’t affect their operation.

Also, I have had crash reports from the Somfy app running on Homey caused by strange Homey internal errors. I’m not sure if the Homey app automatically restarts after those errors or just stops working so I will ask Athom about that. I have reported those errors to Athom so hopefully they will fix the source of the problems.

The biggest problem for me is I have no way to see the real cause of any errors as Homey doesn’t yet have any diagnostic reporting features apart from the crash reports when something catastrophic happens. All the errors that occur in my app due to network issues are handled so they don’t cause a crash which means they are not reported to me.

I thought Homey Cloud + Gateway would be a good way to unite all the smart home stuff I colledted over the years, like KlikAanKlikUit 433, Zigbee, Z-Wave, tuya cloud, Fritz!Box.
But the gateway disconnects all the time, apps are not ready (or may never become available) for Cloud + Gateway and apps stop working randomly without being noticed (frustrating users as well as developers).
I’ve been participating in Beta programs before, but this started as absolute Alpha, and in 5 months time has hardly progressed far enough to be called Beta.
I will be waiting to see the progress for maybe another month or so, and then decide whether I stay on Homey Cloud or try to sell the bridge.
But hĂ©, well, I guess I’m not the only rather disappointed user on this forum :slight_smile:

I understand and share your frustration but, in Athom’s defence, some of the issues will only come to light once a large number of users are on the system.
When I tested the Somfy app on Homey in the beginning it was just me using it so it worked well. It is only since a larger number of users began sharing server resources that the issues have appeared. Hopefully they will solve most of the problems soon.

It is at least in part about the expectations you might have. One shouldn’t maybe decide for the Bridge hoping for ‘Pro’ functionalities or even for a fully developped product. It seems to me that if you are looking for a platform to unite “all the smart home stuff I colledted over the years” , maybe the cloud version was never the right choice to begin with.
The cloud might (one day) be a solution when wanting to link several IP-based platforms. Interconnecting and integrating several protocols isn’t what the cloud is about.

Of course I had a look at the specifications of cloud/bridge, and all the buttons tick.
The “problem” with Homey however is that the basic version does support the protocols as such, but device support is 99% dependent on the apps. Some made by Athom, but a lot of them made by independent developers. And app support is simply lacking, with developers (re)considering their investment in time and the extra hassle the cloud support takes.
Besides that, the bridge device itself has drawbacks that were not known at the time I bought it. For instance the fact that the number of Zigbee devices that can be handled is even more limited then the Pro version is a bummer.
Also the Bridge firmware is more alpha level than I would have expected, and a lot of Cloud implications were not anticipated. You can argue that these became apparent as more users started using the platform, but being an ICT cloud architect myself, I would like to think some of them are inherent to cloud operations and could have been foreseen.
So I think it’s not completely fair to simply accuse me of making the wrong choice. Homey Cloud/Bridge still has to come a very long way, and may need a beefier version 2 bridge to solve everything.

Why all this Homey bridge talk in a thread called “[APP][PRO]
” totally not interested in Homey bridge problems :thinking: That said I will turn off notifications for the thread, to solve ‘my’ problem.

Unfortunately the app doesn’t work anymore on Homey cloud. Installing it again gave an error and now the app is gone

Error
PayloadTooLargeError: request entity too large
   at readStream (/var/app/current/node_modules/raw-body/index.js:155:17)
   at getRawBody (/var/app/current/node_modules/raw-body/index.js:108:12)
   at read (/var/app/current/node_modules/body-parser/lib/read.js:77:3)
   at jsonParser (/var/app/current/node_modules/body-parser/lib/types/json.js:135:5)
   at Layer.handle [as handle_request] (/var/app/current/node_modules/express/lib/router/layer.js:95:5)
   at trim_prefix (/var/app/current/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:317:13)
   at /var/app/current/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:284:7
   at Function.process_params (/var/app/current/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:335:12)
   at next (/var/app/current/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:275:10)
   at Domain.<anonymous> (/var/app/current/node_modules/@sentry/node/dist/handlers.js:321:13)

At what point and where did you see that error?
Was it during the install?

I have installed it on my Homey (cloud) and it is working OK. In fact I am hoping this version will behave better on Homey cloud as I have tinkered with the login process.

Could you try installing it again to see if it was a temporary glitch?