[APP][Pro] Bluesound - Multi-room Music. The Hi-Res Way

Maybe also have a look at the Verstuur Commando option at the bottom of the list. Apparently it allows you to give any command. How I don’t know but the example suggests you can order to chose a Genre for the music.

Only the ones that are supported by the API

Hello,

Since a few weeks I have the problem that my Powernode will disconnect once in a while.
When I look it up in the BluOS app, it is still connected. Also searching by IP-adress is still possible.
I think that it happens when it’s disconnected to the Wifi for a few seconds. In this brief moment, the Homey app can’t find it, and gives a warning. But after it comes back online, I think it won’t search for the reconnected device. When I restart the Homey Bluesound app, it is back online.
I already reset the Powernode, reinstalled the Homey app and tried to improve the Wifi signal, but no fortune.
What can we do to resolve this issue?

Changing de polling to 3000 did the trick for me in the past

I also changed it to 1000 now, and haven’t had the problem since!
But what are the consequences of changing it to such a high polling frequency?

Its only for checking the status imo. So no consequences for commands i think.

@RoelofO has offered to take over future development of this app. As he actually owns a Bluesound device I’m sure he will be in a better position to improve the app and continue further development.

2 Likes

Thank you for all the effort you did!!

1 Like

I have indeed taken over the maintenance of the app. And I also would like to thank @Phuturist for his work!.
I released a test version with a fix for incorrect handling of play/pause states, next I am going to investigate app crashes. My free time is limited, but I hope to be able to further improve and support the app.

3 Likes

Thanks for stepping in!
Daily user of this app so happy to see development is secured.
Is there a way to donate?
Mike

@Phuturist share one more time your donate button.

And the new guy as well please.

Btw. @Phuturist if you have nothing to do :wink: I need a LG thingQ app…

Much appreciated but you can give @RoelofO a kickstart donation on my behalf (or donate to a good cause).

I didnt see an open and local API and I’m not an active Homey user anymore. Better find someone else this time … :wink:

1 Like

I released a new test version (v3.2.0).

Now showing playback information, and with repeat and shuffle functionality:

2 Likes

Released v3.2.1 to test. Now released.

1 Like

Released v3.2.2 to test.

1 Like

Released v3.2.3 to test.

The use of long-polling is a significant improvement, as the app now responds almost immediately to the player.

Thanks Roelof for stepping in ! I would like to learn more about the usage of the send command. Is there any (shirt) manual ?

My eventual use case is to explore the possibilities to send native nad commands through this command line function to my nad t777 v3 and then more specifically the stand-by on/ off function (I got a manual with commands from nad)

The Send Command action card will execute a http GET to the player:
http://ip-of-player:port/command

So for example to pause a standard Bluesound player at 192.168.1.100 you could send command “Pause” resulting in this call:
http://192.18.1.100:11000/Pause

(Which obviously doesn’t make sense as the pause function already exists.)

Hoi roelof, bedankt ! It is not pauze where I am aiming for. It is literally putting the entire sound system on standby that my aim is. There are nad native commands like (I have 47 pages of these commands given by nad support)

Example:

Main.CEC.Power=On

They claim on the document these commands can be send using Ethernet… was hoping we could send them over ip

Gr Jo’s

1 Like

Well, give it a try and let me know.