[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Try restarting Homey

I did. Tried restarting homey, tried reset Zigbee network, tried PTP (15mins), tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. But no luck.

Tried a ptp and waited 3 mins. All icons are still circling. I did not recently add any zigbee devices. I did restart because one temperature sensor as well as the curtain was not communicatingā€¦

3 is a lot less than 20ā€¦ But nevertheless, you already tried another adapter (2A or more) and/or cable?

30 minsā€¦ sorry!

No not tried a different adaptor. Could it be damaged all of a sudden?

Try to do a search for it. You will be astonishedā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

I found the solution to my problem!

I had to remove the battery of the wireless switch, and keep it off for some time (I tried 5mins).

After putting back the battery, it pairs on the first try! Worked on all my switches.

Its magic. Switched to 2.4a philips power adaptor and it runs again. So the original adaptor just degrades after a year or so?

Would call it bad quality to be fairā€¦ for a 400 eu. Domotic server

Hi All,
Iā€™m trying to get some xiaomi /aqara temperature sensor, which is more recommended and reliable on frequent update to homey based on the below 2 types:
Xiaomi Temperature/Humidity Sensor (WSDCGQ01LM)
Aqara Temperature / Humidity Sensor (WSDCGQ11LM)

Note: humidity and pressure not required.

And what exactly is your problem or question?

ā€œwhich is more recommended and reliable?ā€

Ah, my bad. Should have gone to sleep earlierā€¦ :flushed:

i am choosing between WSDCGQ01LM & WSDCGQ11LM which is better ?

I have 12 WSDCGQ01LMā€™s in use and for me they work fine. Even in a fridge and freezer in the shed in the back of the garden. 12 meters away from Homey with walls and HR glass in between. They are a bit cheaper than the Aqara version i believe.

News about the Aqara EU smart plug, EU servers (and waterleakage sensor, but we need a Zigbee rewrite for that).

1 Like

Iā€™ve got one Aqara WSDCGQ11LM placed in ice cream box (freezer) showing -19C (-2.2F) it stopped updating for 3 days. :frowning:
that is why i asking for opinion xiaomi WSDCGQ01LM & aqara WSDCGQ11LM .

Donā€™t expect batteries to work for a long time at those temperatures.

How long was it in the freezer?
In very cold conditions battery life can be significantly less than normal. The one in my freezer lasts about 4 to 6 months generally. In the fridge 8 to 12 months and in normal conditions more than a year.

The sensor from room temperature, I placed it insider freezer. After 3days it stopped updating. The distance between homey and freezer less than 10meter. Maybe it is too cold :cold_face:?

Youā€™re not the only one with a dead sensor after placing it into the freezer, see above post number 389 Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - Zigbee App (v0.8.0)

1 Like