[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

I myself wouldn’t fancy a lot of timers running for that purpose. Probably will keep Homey very busy…
Why doesn’t it work well in your situation?

That is a whole different area of interest. Camera support. Most of those cheap cams support RTSP. Which is not supported by Homey yet afaik.

I made a door-sensor-changed card myself. Because it simplifies flows. If you would combine that with countdown timers app, you could do something like that. But that would indeed mean in your case you have a lot of long timers running all the time. It would tank performance. Not a great idea.

Why does it not work for you? I have an identical flow, just with sensor-did-not-report functionality. It reports rarely used doors/windows once.

1 Like

Sounds good.
Are you willing to share this solution?

The flows were turned off by Homey due too many reports.
It took me a while to make it and after all a bad result.
Perhaps in doing something wrong, it’s just not clear to me.

You have many sensors then. How many you have? Mine is set to not-responding for 24 hrs. It only reports a sensor once. Not every day.

This is my fork: https://github.com/niekvugteveen/com.xiaomi-mi-zigbee . Left it up to @TedTolboom to merge it to main or not. As he said, he has good reasons not to add this functionality. But I wanted to fiddle with Homey Apps a bit anyway.

Just 6 flows for reporting.
I meant reporting too often. Just checking only once an hour. For me it’s reasonable. For honey it wasn’t.
Maybe you can check my flow.

If I check my door sensor then I see it was alive 33 minutes ago. Does it not mean that those door sensors are reporting already? Only, how do I get this in a flow?
Besides that, Homey also knows a way to make flows about reporting. So it exists already.

For a door sensor it’s important to know it’s still alive.

I understand @TedTolboom’s answer completely. I agree he shouldn’t integrate this in his apps. Cause this would be then be a function that every developer with device apps should integrate. Because it’s a system wide function it’s something Homey should integrate in their system. Like they did with the A device hasn’t reported for xx time. You can use the name and zone tag to distinguish which device’s should report.

@Geurti, You say this doesn’t work well for you? What doesn’t work in your case?

When using Heimdall you can set Heimdall to report which sensors didn’t report for xx time.

As I posted above. I’ve 6 flows for reporting. They all are turned off by Homey due too many reports, within a day or two.
See pictures above here.

Screenshot from my settings is 1 hour.
I’ve options from 5 minutes - 24 hours.
So 1 hour is reasonable right?

Known for such a long time!
Reported several times!
Just learn to live around it!

1 Like

Sometimes people hope something is solved after one year.
Trying to live with it is an option.
Trying to find a work around is more my thing.

That’s where the “live around” is coming in hehe.

I can’t pair my Aqara single and double wireless switches anymore. Aqara wired is fine though.

And I see everyone says press and hold until led flashes 3 times. But mine flashes 6 times after about pressing 10s. Why is that?

I’ve tried reset Zigbee and also PTP (15mins). Still can’t. Can pair IKEA outlets and Aqara wired switch but none of my 5 wireless ones. Help!

After a restart the aqara app doesn’t want to start. I dont want to uninstall the app since i have too many devices to re-add. Any idea what this could be?

I tried a homey restart as well as an app restart

9ce3a52e-8e18-4192-80d4-b880ddf999f6

Diagnostics

Zigbee initialization can take up to 20 (and sometimes even more) minutes after restart. Many reports of that lately. You can try to do a PtP (power disconnect for about 15 minutes) instead of a warm restart.

Tried uninstall and reinstalling the app. Still no go for Aqara wireless switches (both single/double).

Am I doing the pairing process wrongly?

You dont have to press the button so long. When you press the button 10s then it will be removed from the zigbee network.
When i add a button then i press it and when the app reacts then i release the button.

Problem is the App doesn’t react.