[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Thanks!!! Sadly, in this case, the measurement of illumination is simply useless.

Is there any update on the Opple intergration? @TedTolboom

3 Likes

Hi,

For a few days, I have a problem with an Aqara double switch (no neutral).
Here’s my install:

• 2 Ikea bulb connected to a contactor (tĂ©lĂ©rupteur, in french),
  • 1 Aqara double switch no neutral (right button)
  • 2 Aqara single switches wireless

I have several flows to turn on/off the bulbs, and they work great (instead of the delay ~1sec).

Sometimes, when i wake up in the morning, the bulbs are on !
I think the problem is due to the double switch, because the left button, which electrically controls an another lamp, makes flash light 1 per week (I have to disconnect the bulb to solve this issue).

Have you ever seen this kind of problem (auto on) ?

Thanks !

No matter what I tried I can’t get this to connect. Any idea?

How many zigbee devices connected to Homey?
Did you wake up device every 2-3 seconds during adding process?

3 physical devices. I tried pressing the reset button once every 2-3 seconds but after the first 3 flashes (and a couple more) there wasn’t any activity.

Hi,
I have a question. I have new aqara wall switch with support of the long press. I added a device to homey and created flow which set the dim level to depend on how long you press the button. Problem is that when the button is pressed longer than 10s button reset to defaults and disconnect from homey. Is there any way how to solve this problem?
Thanks
Jakub

Hello @robertklep,
thank you for your insight:

robertklep
Homey has a hardware limit of about 20 directly connected devices. Sadly, you can’t force devices to connect through a router instead of with Homey directly, so the only way to fix your mesh is to remove a number of end devices (battery powered) from Homey, replace them with additional routers, and add the end devices back again from the location you intent to use them (so not close to Homey). That way, you have a bigger chance of the device connecting through a router (in my experience some devices, mostly Xiaomi Aqara, seems to have a preference to “stick” with the router that they got initially paired with, even if that router isn’t the most obvious choice w.r.t. distance).

Thanks also to @Gilly_Wings, @Satoer and @MarcoGr.

I have found a way how to connect new Aqara devices via another router device (even in close proximity to Homey). Robert’s comment gave me the idea that worked. I have used an aluminium foil as a shield between the newly added device and Homey while the new added device being close and unshielded to the router device.

Well, it looks a bit weird when arranging the “dumb” foil in order to add a “smart” device, but it works :slight_smile:.

So thanks again and I hope this helps others in return.
Cheers,
Martin

4 Likes

That’s it I managed to add other peripherals to battery. The Xiaomi Aqara bulb and the SONOFF BASICZBR3 are good routing but not the Aqara switches

but stil no wall switch for European wall mounts witch i want sooo badly :unamused:

ikea bulbs will do the routing for the aqara switches

I would be careful with bulbs. Once you turn them OFF, you can lose connection between Aqara and Homey and if there is higher amount of devices, then the problem will start. I had cca 5 Aqara devices routed over IKEA plug. When I removed the plug for one day, Aqara sensor were not able to reconnect anymore.

And you have pushed the button once ? On any of the aqara devices ?

I have Aqara smartplugs that are not able to connect by the app.
It is only connected as unknown zigbee device.

Please check the supported devices on the app page. It’s not there yet so please wait (or help fund :)) addition of it.

I was thinking that this is only the EU version of the Plug in the list.

Jow can i fund it ?

Response 1367 and later. You can fund @TedTolboom as per post 1;

Have made a donation.
Thank you for your good work on the Aqara Zigbee App.
You should also get money from Athom because without people like you Homey would not work.

1 Like

Yes I did. But some of them I had to delete from system, reset them and add again. Simple button wake up didn’t work.

I think it’s a bit different than that.

If you cut of the power of the bulb, yes, but if you turn it off and let the bulb have power, than the zigbee network will stil be working