[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Did you check the “insights” of the sensor batt? Had the same “problem” but the insight report of the battery showed that the battery was at 30 procent or less at some times. Changed the battery. Serveral sensors showed this “problem” . The sensors where bought at the same time so i think it is really the battery that was running low.

Thanks, appears from the timestamp to be originating from the same report.

2020-01-13 12:49:57 [log] [ManagerDrivers] [weather] [4] msTemperatureMeasurement - measuredValue (temperature): 18.9 + temperature offset 0
2020-01-13 12:49:57 [log] [ManagerDrivers] [weather] [4] msTemperatureMeasurement - measuredValue (temperature): -100 + temperature offset 0

I’ll investigate and or will add a filter to remove this value from being parsed.

1 Like

Will check insights. Thanks @KikkerX10!

UPDATE
Cheked the INSIGHT’s data, always 100% battery:

Had the same problem with strange temperature and humidity readings with 2 Aqara sensors.
It was showing negative temperatures and humidity way over 100%.
Although the battery was still at 100% i put in a new battery anyway and after that it was working fine again.
Makes you wonder if the battery indicator of Aqara is reliable.

That’s what the deCONZ guys did as well: https://github.com/dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin/issues/1748

Hi Ted, only when i set the scope to last 14 days it has one spike to -100. For the last 6 hours scope I don’t have -100 degrees, but do have some reportings of -10. See:

Could create a diagnostic report for this? if it is usable? Accu level is 63% … could that be the reason?

73% here. If it would be a dying battery it still has been working surprisingly well for the last couple of months.

This one would be nice also :grimacing:

Would be VERY nice, @Dennis_H74!
We already discussed it; see my post at

@TedTolboom already said he would investigate to support it (hopefully).

You might speeds things up when helping him in buying the thing to implement it (@Martijn_Hoogenbosch and I did too… ;))

Sorry for a newbie question… but what’s is the advantage of using an app, in particular this app, instead of connecting f.e a motion sensor directly to homey as an zigbee device?
I’m new to homey :wink:

Then Homey knows about the capabilities of a device and therefor it is the only supported way to use devices on Homey.
Only thing that will probably work with connecting a generic Zigbee or Z-wave device without an app is the basic on/off function.

1 Like

Simply, sensors will not work. Switches might work only as ON/OFF but nothing else like power usage and device setting wont be available.

1 Like

Is it possible to get the Xiaomi Digital Plant sensor in Homey?

Another addition to EU smart plugs…
There is a Mi device too now, which can already be ordered on AliExpress.
See the article (and link) here:

Personally I like the round Aqara one better, the more so because it supports Zigbee 3.0 officially.

Any news yet, @TedTolboom? :wink:
(sorry for my enthousiasm… :wink: )

Hey,

I am trying to connect the Aqara G2 camera to Homey app and ip camera, but i can’t find the url for it. I have searched all over internet without any result! Have anyone managed to connect the G2 to Homey ip camera app? Or any other xiaomi camera? 41Tr U8LMEL.SX466

Im down to support @TedTolboom as soon as he wanna buy one of each and include them😊

Are you even doubting that I would or wouldn’t add them?? For sure it is the intention to add both of them. So any contribution is much appreciated!

Finding a reseller that is able to deliver them is a bigger of a problem… so if anyone found a reseller, or has the actual device, please let me know!

There is two right? One round and the other linked here:
#Aliexpress NOK 162.68 24%OFF | Original Xiaomi Mijia Smart Socket Zigbee Remote Control EU Plug Time Switch Works with Google assistant Alexa
https://a.aliexpress.com/_sfoFxg

Made a donation to thank you for your work on the Opple Switch, and trying to solve this unexpected problem. Hope you find out what is causing it. These switches are super practical! Looking forward to connect them to the homey :slight_smile:

1 Like