[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

It’s Wifi based … it will be never part of this app. You nay try with Xiaomi Home app but I’m not sure for this HUB generation it’s even possible

1 Like

any update on a realistic release time for 1.8? Like as everybody says, we really appreciate your work and are very happy Aqara took the official way here to work with you. A simple update so we know what to expect would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot Ted! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hi guys, I’m new to Homey Pro (using Early 2023). Currently on version 10.0.8.

I’ve read that Aqara Door Window Sensor has a few models and the one that works with Homey Pro is MCCGQ11LM. I bought this and can’t seem to pair it.

Any tips or advice how I can get this working? Thank you.

At least post a bit more information than “can’t seem to pair it” :stuck_out_tongue:

my apologies @robertklep.
Here are the steps I did:

• Open up the Homey App.
  • Under Devices, I click on the + icon on the top right and select New Device.
  • I select Aqara on the next screen.
  • Selected the Door and Window Sensor next
  • Click on Connect
  • A pop up on Zigbee appears, I click continue
  • Next it says follow the instructions. Hold the sensor during inclusion in close proximity of Homey. Long press the reset button for more than 3 seconds until the blue light flashes three times.

I pressed the reset button. My sensor is just next to Homey within a few CMs.
Nothing happened. I am just stucked here.

You pressed the button, but do you see the light flashing?

Also, try not the pair it that close to Homey. The pairing instructions are outdated, for Aqara devices you always have to pair the device at the location you intend to use it.

Do you have any other devices in your Zigbee network? If so, how many and of what type (router or end device)?

1 Like

Yes i pressed the reset button on the sensor and see the light flashing.

Yes I have other devices in my zigbee network. I have total of 12.
11 end devices.
1 router.

Update: I manage to get the door sensor paired but via the following instead:

• Open up the Homey App.
  • Under Devices, I click on the + icon on the top right and select New Device.
  • I select Homey on the next screen.
  • Select Zigbee on next screen.
  • Click Connect
  • Click Continue

11 end devices and only 1 router is not great, but probably unrelated to the pairing issue.

However, are you sure that the sensor is now paired correctly, and not as a generic Zigbee device?

i see. Do you recommend getting more routers? If yes, what kind? And how does it help? But I live in very small home though.

I see the Door and Window Sensor appearing on my homey app. When i go in and click the settings icon, I see it’s tagged to Aqara app.

I guess it’s paired correctly?

Yes, it sounds like it paired correctly :+1:t2: It’s very strange though that it didn’t work through the app, but hey, who cares if it works :sweat_smile:

As for routers: if you have a very small home, with all sensors having line of sight to Homey and not being more than about 5m away from it, you may get away with just having one router. Otherwise I would still recommend adding one or two at least. Any mains powered Zigbee device will do, although some brands don’t work well with Aqara (notably IKEA, for some people, and Osram).

1 Like

i see thanks very much for the advice. Will keep that in mind.

I would like to ask whether Aqara end devices are unable to report anything at all, or do they just not report their battery status? Because, for example, one script writes this every day when it runs.

Cam Kitchen has not reported today. Not in 105 hours
Roborock S7 has not reported today. Not in 271 hours
Ricsi Mini Switch has not reported today. Not in 5068 hours
Ricsi Wall Switch has not reported today. Not in 5068 hours
Konyha Water Leak has not reported today. Not in 3264 hours
Szonja Wall Switch has not reported today. Not in 5066 hours
Fürdő Water has not reported today. Not in 5064 hours
Etkezo Wall Switch has not reported today. Not in 400 hours
Haloszoba Wall Switch has not reported today. Not in 121 hours

Some yes, they would not update any attribute - but that script, if you use Last seen for Zigbee, provides much more reliable results (except of lights and some dumb battery operated switches) - you can have a look on Homey Developer Tools - Last seen column - yet probably if you keep experiencing general Zigbee issues, I would suggest to open completely new thread. Eg. it’s not sure if those devices are purely Aqara and if they are all routers / non-battery devices…

@Sharkys

you can have a look on https://tools.developer.homey.app/tools/zigbee - Last seen column -

I don’t have a last seen column on developer tools.for zigbee,
Can i add it?

Edit: i have a 2019 model.

Seems it’s available for HP23 only :frowning:

1 Like

Hi,

sorry if I not posting in the right place. It’s my first post and I had a request for a device to be supported.

I recently bought a couple op Aqara Dual Relay Module T2 only to discover that they are yet to be supported.

Is there anything I can do to assist in getting these new devices added to the list, other than a Paypal contribution?

I appreciate your assistance and once again, if I’m posting in the wrong section, please guide me to the correct.

Jakob

3 Likes

Since I have a lot of issues with Aqara and HP2023.
I decided that for the time-being I’d re-migrate all my Aqara sensors back to my trusty HP2019.

But helas. I installed the Aqara Ap.
Tried to pair a new device…
It simply does not work anymore
Homey ask for me to push the pin for 3+ seconds…
So I do
The blue led flashes…

and then I wait…
Nothing

after 10 mins or so… Time out

On homey 2023, the pairing works fine
(but then there are connectivity issues, the reason to un-migrate them in the first place)

Pairing falls beyond the scope of the app, the issue is somewhere in Homey’s system software. Have you tried a PTP?

PTP?
sorry
me noob

First search result: [HOW TO] ptp