[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Would someone be able to answer this question for me please ? :upside_down_face:

Only @TedTolboom can answer this question, I think.

To be clear; I donā€™t want to use the camera as a hub or a device to extend the zigbee network. I only want to use it as a camera, so I can make a homey flow that can be triggered from something that moves in front of the camera: (e.g.: if camera detects person between 00:00 and 06:00, send a message to phone).

My internet went out and most of my aqara sensors have stopped working. Happened before, usually a reboot or PTP worked, but this time my motion sensors refused to work again. I tried removing them and adding them back in, they work once or twice and then stop reporting again. Any idea how to fix this? My temp sensors, buttons and door sensors work fine. Iā€™m not on v5 firmware

Working as a charm in the Test: v1.1.4 app on Homey v5 beta!
Ordered 2 6-buttons more.

I have this problem as well. Resetted homey, re-added the sensors. After adding they donā€™t work anymore. All other zigbeeā€™s work fine. Im running 5.0 experimental

Yeah I tried everything even swapping batteries. I would set it up, it works once, then after a bit doesnā€™t report motion. Then I would press the button on it once, it would work again maybe 1 or 2 times and then it doesnā€™t work anymoreā€¦ I donā€™t even know what else to try. Every other Aqara sensor works, but I still havenā€™t updated to v5 fimware
Maybe @TedTolboom can help us figure this out.

Hi @TedTolboom.
After gaining some courage to re-add all my zigbee devices (42) and remake all my flows, i updated to V5 firmware, your app to latest test version and reseted my zigbee network.
So far everything is running great!
I paid you a drink for your efforts on this app!
Cheerā€™s :beers:

1 Like

Hi all and specifically @TedTolboom,

I added a Aqara vibration sensor to my electric cargo bike (bakfiets) thats just outside the house, connection was fine and I was getting tilt angles en vibration alarms and everything. Reason is that the previous bike got stolenā€¦and now I made a flow that when thereā€™s significant vibration registered between 20h and 8h, the lights in the house switch on and I get a push notification. So far so good and seemed to go as planned.

Until we used the bike and came back home. The sensor is not reconnecting back to the network :frowning: Sensor is still visible in Homey but latest state is from 2 days ago, right before the bike was used.

Is this a regular thing with these sensors or is there something I can do?

Try pressing the button once when returned.

Not super convenient with where I placed the sensor in the cargo bikeā€¦ Hoping thereā€™s a ā€œwake upā€ signal that can be sent from Homey.

Thatā€™s not how Zigbee works. Itā€™s the responsibility of the device to reconnect to the network when itā€™s in range again, and it may decide to go into deepsleep mode when it loses its network. At that point, you need to wake it up manually.

1 Like

Thanks. Any idea where I can see the time the device takes before going into sleep mode?

I guess in its firmware :woozy_face:It may also not be a real deep sleep, but the device just giving up trying to reconnect to the Zigbee network after a while to conserve its battery (and if it would be possible for Homey to ā€œwake upā€ such a device, it would imply the device was already connected to the network again). Such behaviour is not configurable (at least not that I know of).

2 Likes

I have re-added the same units three times and they are now stable since last night.

I canā€™t get my sensors to workā€¦ They work maybe once after I bring them all closer to Homey and press the button, but then they either donā€™t report motion alarm or get stuck with motion alarm on :confused:

I try to trigger them all next to Homey and they seem to work, but then I put them in their places and they donā€™t work anymore, like there is a range limit or something, but they worked fine before and I have other aqara sensors that are way further away than my motion sensors so it canā€™t be thatā€¦ Honestly Iā€™m so confused and annoyed

I do assume routing devices are available to use the zigbee mesh to relay communication.
Can you try on the intended position of usage to take out the battery of the sensor for ~15 minutes and then re-insert the battery? It should force to look again to the Zigbee mesh network.

i had this exact same problem.

All things i did yesterday:
removed and re-added sensors ; didnt work. Stuck or not working
restarted homey; didnt work. stuck or not working
Removed and re-added sensors; didnt work. stuck or not working.

Then magically. I removed just one and re-added it. And its still working.
done with all of them, and itā€™s still ok.

Unfortunately i dont have the solution to your problem. Do you use the stock Homey adaptor? mine caused strange Zigbee problems earlier this year. replaced and then it worked.

Try this, it has helped me to get over the ā€œit works temporarily situationā€:

1. make sure that battery powered devices have a good battery (30% of all my failures are bc the battery was bad)

2. Donā€™t pair near Homey. I went from doing it to considering it only a success if I can pair it at location. Make sure a router is nearby.

3. certain sensors need to be kept alive while pairing up to and until the app goes back to the blue background screen. Pressing the reset button briefly every second after holding it usually does the trick

/Andreas

Ok I will try that later on when I get home. But I use my zigbee devices without a hub, they are connected straight to Homey