[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Yeah I’ve tried removing and re-adding all motion sensors multiple times without any luck… and yes I do use standard adapter, never had any issues with it, besides, all the other aqara sensors work just fine, something seems to be wrong with only motion sensors.

Thanks for the suggestions. All motions sensors (3 of them) are brand new, so the batteries are fresh still. I’m gonna try and pair them at the location when I get home. I had some issues with that - keeping sensor alive, but only for aqara buttons I think, motion sensors always get added in without any issues without keeping it alive and pressing the button constantly.

To clarify, I am not referring to a hub, but a mains powered Zigbee (routing) device, like a bulb (in the same Zigbee network).
If you don’t have any routers, please check if replacing the battery is a solution.

Hi Andreas, thanks for thinking along.
Please take into account that @Sierra is still on v0.8.0 / Homey v4 (as mentioned above). Including near a router is something that is possible on Homey v5, but I would not recommend to do this on Homey v4.

1 Like

Why not :thinking: As long as I have my Homey, I paired aqara stuff near a router or at the location where I want to place it. With v4 (still on v4). By doing this I saw that the aqara end devices don’t stick to homey :smile: and less chance hitting the 20 device limit boundary

I tried setting up sensors in the intended position, but I just can’t get them to connect to Homey, once I bring them close to Homey, I am able to pair and they works as long the sensors are near Homey, once I take them to their place, they stops working. I tried removing batteries for about 15 minutes - same result, no motion alarm reports.

Some fracker made a nice post about that!

Of course not, they come with a new batterie, when they worked Homey reported 100% battery and there is no way that all 3 of them stopped working at the same time because their batteries simultaneously went bad…

Like Roy stated: There is only one good way. Thinking they are good because they are “fresh” is not the good way. In Holland we say: Meten=weten!

1 Like

Well I can’t go out to buy new batteries right now… All the sensors were bought from the same store and on the same day… 3 door sensors, 3 motions sensors, 3 temperature sensors, 6 buttons. Everything works perfectly fine except motion sensors, which worked for about 2 months without any issues. Just trying to see what else I can try.

I don’t know, I will try and replace the batteries tomorrow and see if it changes anything…
Right now I have just 1 motion sensor paired and placed on its spot. It’s strange that it works once, then it doesn’t, then some time passes it gets triggered again, then not report again, sometimes I have to wave my hand in front of it for like 10 seconds to get it to trigger… But once I bring it closer to Homey, works every time. It’s not even that far away, maybe 3 meters. If batteries won’t fix this, I’ll just buy fibaro sensors, too bad that 1 fibaro sensor costs more than 4 aqaras

What baffles me that it worked before perfectly fine. Other sensors work from much further away. I don’t have any zigbee routers, all the sensors are connected straight to Homey. Maybe I should update to v5 firmware?

Ok. Thanks for your time.
By the way, I just checked and it seems like my whole Zigbee network is broken, nothing that’s more than a meter away from Homey works anymore.

UPDATE: Well I feel really stupid right now. I have rebooted my internet router and everything works fine again :confused:

1 Like

An offcourse you can also pull the curtain gently to open or stop
Is this feature available on the Aqara B1 Curtain Controller when paired directly with Homey or does it only work when using a Xiaomi hub?

It is available on the B1 curtain when both paired directly or using the Xiaomi hub

Thanks TedTolboom for the confirmation. Do I need to activate the feature through the device settings or is the soft pull open/close feature activated by default. I read somewhere that this feature is only available when “manual mode” is activated through the Xiaomi Hub. Thanks again in advance!

Don’t feel stupid.
Wifi 2.4GHz and Zigbee are both on the 2.4GHz (as with Bluetooth, non wifi wireless microphones, non wifi wireless camera’s and other security devices)
Because it’s a free band to use for a variaty of devices.

Please check the wifi 2.4GHz channel and the Zigbee channel and make sure they don’t use the same frequency.

First thing I should have done was reboot my homey and router… I don’t know why but it never crossed my mind that it could be my router causing this issue.

And yes, I have my Wi-Fi running on another channel than zigbee

Probably not something that Ted can do something about, but it kinda scares me that Zigbee devices stop working when the internet is down.

1 Like

Ssst that’s my ransomware… linked to my PayPal account

1 Like