Aeotec Multisensor 7 - No UV readings?

Hi!

I just bought a Aeotec Multisensor 7. It reports all of its values except for UV. It’s right in the sun but no UV reporting ever (for 3 days). Do I need to change the default setup somehow?

Many thanks!

Is your sensor placed outdoor in the sun?
Dit you check the advanced parameters?

Hi, Yes to all of the above, I assumed that I do not need to change the default values as I get all other values without modification. It’s placed directly in the sun.

Thanks

In that case, contact the app maker: Support – Aeotec

Just to be sure is it placed OUTDOOR ? (So not indoor behind glass in the sun?) because UV measurement doesn’t work behind glass…

Hi @Torch1969 - Yepp, valid point indeed - It is in the sun and OUTDOORS. No windows etc filtering out the UV. I’ve started a support-ticket with Aeotec and today at 11-ish it actually started to give UV-readings! :-)) Looks like it needs super-much exposure to the direct UV rays? I will probably (because I’m more interested in temp/humid) put in under a roof in the garden now. Just wanted to check the UV capabilities. It’s a bit sad that UV needs it in direct sunlight all day to report, I thought UV was at least a little bit more genereous. Pointing the sensor straight to the sun (at all hours/directions) will give the temperature a more than normal booost, so I guess either buy the sensor for UV only or put it (or a cheaper sensor) somewhere else and “just” get the Temp/Lux/Humidity for record.

Many thanks!

1 Like

I just got a reply from Aeotec support saying more or less that the UV is not that good and that it needs extreme UV to report over 0. So I guess I skip the UV stuff and focus on temp/humidity and put it in the shade instead for correct reports of these values instead.

Thanks

2 Likes