Advanced flow mising triggers of ubiquity unify network devices

I am using the ubiquity unify network app to check if cellphones have (dis)connected from my wifi.
In an advanced flow i have a trigger for every (8) cellphone and if the last one disconnects then I conclude there is nobody at home anymore.

Now I suspect that the advanced flow is sometimes missing a trigger. I get this suspicion by manually monitoring the cellphones connection status in homey and not seeing the variable that should indicate that someone is at home or not being in the right state.

My questions now are whether somebody has seen similar situations. With advanced flow and/or ubiquity unify network app.
Second question: any suggestion on how to isolate the problem to find the rootcause

Please start with sharing the flow, before we start guessing.

1 Like

How do I do that with an advanced flow?

As I do not know how to share an advanced flow here a screenshot of the triggers:

When watching a HowTo Video on youtube I noticed something that could be related to my problem. Apparently if one of the triggers to an ‘any’ block is triggered then the others are bounced. Now the question is for how long they are bounced. In the the youtube video at least for 2 seconds…

They are not bounced in the flow you show, it is technically just 8 separate flows in 1 canvas. (9 if you count the one at the bottom that is just outside of the view).
It can happen that if 2 happen at the same time anything that happens behind the “any” uses any old values cause in that run it wasn’t updated yet, but hard to say with only this part of the flow visible.

Thanks for the answer.
If the rootcause is indeed what that two happen at the same time, do you then have a clue how to work around that?

btw I would like to share the complete flow but a screenshot would make it unreadable since I have to zoom out quite a bit and it seems that I cannot directly share and advanced flow??
Any suggestions?

Hi Frank,

I too use Ubiquity for home / away statuses, and with my flow this seems to work fine. You need one WHEN-card for each phone, so you would need 8 blocks like this to make it work. Maybe not the easiest way to do it, but it was the only way I could make it work properly :slight_smile:

Thanks for your answer and your example. It makes sense, though i am quite disappointed if this really is the way to got for.

One of the reasons i was happy with my current implementation is that the maintenance is relatively low when a family member changes phone, which happens quite often with a family of 8.
In your example (and also in my previous non-advanced flow) the maintenance is quite high if somebody changes phone.

On the other hand, if this is the only way to make it work then so be it.

I know what you mean, it’s a hassle every time there is a new phone involved. If you (or someone else) comes up with a better way to do it, please share the idea