Advanced flow for effect control

I have created a advanced flow to turn off heating in my bathrooms if the effect goes over 4.8kwh
But i want the flow to only turn off the heating if the effect stays over 4.8kwh for 20sec, so im wondering if the flow i have created does that? or will the timer i added just delay the power off function by 20sec?

You need to measure the power again after 20 sec. and then, if still > 4800 W, then switch off.

Pls stay away from onboard delays longer than a few minutes combined with critical stuff like heating.
Why? These delays ‘vanish’ if they are running, and in the meantime a power outage occurred, or Homey got restarted (f.i. due to auto updates).
So the heaters will never turn on (slå på) in those cases!

I’d suggest to use Chronograph timers for those longer delays. Those timers save the “end time” to a timestamp when started, and therefore they continue running after a Homey restart.

These triggers are perfect use for these conditions:

Hi Eirik and welcome!

Effekt blir storre enn 4800 W and…

…are not the same. Just for info.

As @Peter_Kawa already mentioned, please don’t use the build-in delay flow cards for this use case. Beside the reason explained by Peter, another reason is that every time when the power becomes greater than 4.8 kW, the flow is triggered and the build-in delay flow cards are started again, even if the previous time has not yet expired. So if a delay is already running and after e.g. 5 minutes the power exceeds 4.8 kW again, the delay is started the second time and the first delay will not be stopped! It’s the same as with dominoes. Once the first domino has been pushed, the chain reaction can no longer be stopped.
In this post I tried to explain already, why the build-in delay card can lead to an unwanted behavior. It’s just in German, but with a translator I guess it will be understandable. If not, just ask.

My suggestions is to use a timer app like the Chronograph app, and this is an example flow just to turn off the heating after 20 seconds:

Thank you for all the help, i think i got it now. made individual timers that kick in if the effect stays above 4900W now.

At first look, it doesn’t look bad.