Advanced flow for controlling heating

Hi, I’ve tried to make my first advanced flow. I have a heater with a smartplug, and an external temperature sensor. From what I experience - this flow doesn’t work, but I guess it’s self explanatory by the image what I am trying to do. Any ideas / tips on how I can improve/fix it :slight_smile: ?

I would recommend to change the trigger. In your flow, the trigger will not change on a temperature change, but by crossing a threshold.

If you use the ‘temperature changed’ card, and use the logic card als condition, you can add as many conditions you like (it’s a weekday / weekend et cetera)

1 Like

After you choose proper trigger, maybe take a look on Homey Heating Scheduler App for Homey | Homey

I don’t. The trigger card “The temperature has changed” causes significantly more requests, in fact for every small temperature change.
The problem why the flows do not work properly is because additional flows are missing. Flows are missing, where the heating has to be switched on or off at certain times and temperatures. E.G.:

When…
– Time is 22:00
And…
– Temperature is > 17
Then…
– Turn All Heaters off

When…
– Time is 10:00
And…
– Temperature is < 20
– Today is a Weekend Day
Then…
– Turn All Heaters on

And so on…

With Advanced Flow, of course, it’s easier and better to create.