Advanced flow - fix time picker using AM/PM when rest of flow is using 24 hour clock

I can’t use AM/PM, that system is just not wired in my brain. Can’t do it. The time picker in Advanced Flow forces me to use AM/PM, and the the time that was picked is shown with 24 hour clock. It just doesn’t make sense.

16:00 - 23:59 in card.
4:00 PM - 11:59 PM in picker.

It’s also impossible to just type anything above 19 in the hour field of the picker even though the card shows 23 if you pick 11 PM.

2 Likes

I don’t think that comes from Advanced flow as such, it seems to be an issue of a specific app and I think you’d have better luck getting it sorted by posting in the thread for that app.

I “accepted” it, but it’s just plain silly and ‘not really smart’, while it can show 24h clock just fine, but not while entering / editing time.

@Henrik_Johnsson as far as I’ve seen, it’s Homey firmware related, not on app level.

As I have never encountered it in any of the apps I use, I assumed it was app specific. Maybe I’ve just been lucky.

It’s not app specific, the same behaviour is present in all time pickers.

This is what happens if you press “2” in the hour field to try to type “20:00” for example.
It becomes “02:__” and skips right to the minute field. Same problem with 12 hour vs 24 hour clock in the Datetime app.

If you type “19” into the hour field that kind of “works”, it is converted to 7 PM. The magic number 20+ as forbidden value doesn’t make sense.

Strange, entering 20+ works just fine for me on HP19. I have language set to English but my location is set to Sweden. Seems like something could be wrong with the locale settings.
I know there was a thread a while back where a user had a similar issue with 12H/24H format despite everything looking right in the configuration.

Tested with Homey Cloud, language = Dutch, location NL.
It does actually auto convert 20 to 08 PM and 21 to 09 PM
It’s still silly for a ‘smart’ system to show me Murrcan timeformat :rofl:
Screenshot from 2023-06-26 17-00-32

Should perhaps add that it doesn’t convert to 12H format for me, it stays 24H format.

In Chrome this language setting might be of interest

Everything works well in Microsoft Edge. I can type 20:00 just fine, and the picker is showing 24 hour format. Same computer.

Seems like code for detecting preferred locale is broken in Chrome.

2 Likes

Great find!!

I’m using Firefox atm, and the language was set to EN (US). I changed it to Dutch, et voila, a 24 hour picker
Screenshot from 2023-06-30 02-17-12

In Chrome my preferred language is 1. Swedish which use 24 hour clock. I think Homey is using locale for Chrome UI instead of preferred content language. Which could be right, not sure, but since the UI is actually displayed in Swedish the clock ought to be displayed in 24 hour format as well.