Add Philips Hue device...... hue bridge or directly to Homey?

I have recently set up Homey and am using both methods for Hue devices. One thing I have noticed is that the latency for triggering flows from a Hue motion sensor is a few seconds more when using the Hue bridge compared with using Homey’s own Zigbee network. I have found a few references to this, e.g. here: Hue bridge delay .

The implication seems to be that the Hue bridge API does not support callbacks (e.g. webhooks) when events occur such as motion sensing to send a notification of the event to an API client. So instead the Homey Hue app has to poll the Hue bridge every couple of seconds to check the current status of each Hue device. This is both slower and wasteful of Homey resources (I expect the app uses a lot of processing resources to keep polling and processing the responses).

For a motion sensor in a room with no windows that is used to activate the light, it’s important that it activates very quickly, otherwise the person will be in the dark. It seems to take about 4 - 5 seconds on the Hue bridge which is too much. When I moved it to the Homey directly, it takes maybe 1 - 2 seconds which is OK.

Can anyone confirm this is expected behaviour? If so it’s something to bear in mind when choosing between the two.