[Abandoned] deCONZ

Maybe I need to clarify a bit more. You have the following options when you want to use deconz in a docker container:

1. use --net=host: in that case the autodiscovery should work just fine, so this is the easiest way to go

2. do not use --net=host: in that case the autodiscovery wont work (actually this is intended if you’re not using this parameter). In that case you need to enter the port and ip manually, but authenticating should work just fine. Optional: when you’re not using --net=host, then autodiscovery makes no sense, so you should disable it by using the DECONZ_UPNP=0 parameter (this in general applies to the docker container and is not related to the homey app).If you don’t do that the autodiscovery will work but provide a wrong ip.

The only thing I can do in the app is to detect if there is no communication possible to the discovered ip, but if the --net=host parameter is missing then autodiscovery can’t work by design (also mentioned by marthoc)!

1 Like

Hi guys, Im wondering what the secondary no motion trigger does… Van anyone give me an example?

And… I see no link to this topic yet in the appstore… Maybe good to add it.

1 Like

I installed deCONZ just now. Had a bit of trouble to set it up because of my synology configuration and no ports being available. Getting the api key was a bit complicated but I managed to figure it.

Now i’m running into a issue with the LUX value. I’m using HUE motion sensors and they all re port very low LUX values. Even with the lights fully turned on it doesnt go over 4 / 5… Did not have this with the HUE bridge connection… any thoughts?

Maybe I can😃 If the sensor does not detect motion anymore the motion alarm will be disabled (you can enlong that using the no motion timeout). The secondary no motion event gets triggered after the motion alarm has been disabled.

An example usage: instead of turning off a light when motion alarm gets disabled you could simply dim the light down to 10%. Then use the secondary no motion event to actually turn of the light x seconds later. This is basically the behaviour if you setup hue motion sensors in the hue bridge. Could be done using flows but is quiet handy to have it directly in the driver

Could you please check that this is not an issue with deconz itself?

It is deconz itself, no doubt, same values in website. But was wondering if it is a known issue.

Is there any problem With the square dimmer from Ikea, in deconz I can setup the dimmer, but in homey nothing works? image

Not that I know. What do you mean exactly by “nothing works”?

When I make a flow for example turn the light on, its not working in homey, In deconz I can setup a light to turn on.

Can you post the flow?

And an off flow

Turn on or turn off are not working try dim up / dim down (single press/held

1 Like

Thanks now its working :tada:

1 Like

Many thanks @MadMonkey and other Homey deConz developers for the app. I was struggling with the Zigbee limit, and this solution seems to work great (Have not migrated every sensor yet though). I didn’t really wanted another bridge or Raspberry device, but @robertklep noted that I can run Deconz inside a docker container on my Synology Nas (Which I also use for my Node red dashboard and MQTT).

Had some struggling connecting the app to the deconz server. It autodetected a completely wrong IP address and no API. Turned out you need to check this box when installing the docker image:

“Use the same network as Docker Host” translated from Dutch.

Anyway, it even seems to support more sensors than the Aqara homey App. Now I can use the water sensor also. Another big improvement in my setup: I can uninstall the Zigbee app’s I don’t use. I’m over the limit with my RAM usage, and removing the INNR and Aqara app saves a large heap of RAM. (total of 50 MB) the deConz app seems only using 10MB, (but I only have 5 devices in use right now, so it probably will increase)

2 Likes

Yes but only if you are not running anything else on port 443 and 80… or you need to assign another port. I created a macvlan and deconz docker now has its own ip. Even added a rule so deconz and the synology can reach each other :+1::+1::+1:

will be fixed with the next update, thx for the finding

1 Like

I’m using the app for a few days now and I wanted to just say thanks. I’m very happy with deConz, it seems to respond a lot faster en running it on my synology which is online anyways it just runs. Hopefully it will keep this level of stability.

1 Like

Thx for the kind works, I try to provide new features and keep the app stable;)

A new app update is just around the corner, check the change log for details.

Btw: there is also a new deconz release and from what I could test it all looks good. One important note for Symfonisk users: the support has been improved pretty much within deconz, but in order to benefit from an improved performance you’ll need to remove the device an repair it in deconz (and the same in teh app)!

Does this app support measure_power and meter_power for powerplugs?

I own a couple of the relatively new Xiaomi (ZNCZ04LM) and Aqara EU(SP-EUC01) plugs.
I wonder if anyone has tested the Zigbee 3.0 Aqara SP-EUC01 plug on this Homey deCONZ app and does it support measure_power, meter_power?

On Github it is stated as: Xiaomi lumi.plug.maeu01 Work in progress, not fully tested yet.
(https://github.com/dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin/wiki/Supported-Devices)