[APP][PRO] Cowboy Bike - Dude, where is my Cowboy Bike?

Your e-bike has become a home connected smart device.

Homey knows when and where your bike was last parked and has information on your bike trips.
It alarms if the bike was relocated without cycling, when not online anymore, or if your battery needs charging.

After I received my (second hand) Cowboy 3 bike, I started hacking into it immediately (since it was raining anyway :wink:) . It took some time to figure out what information I can get, and what information is useful in combination with Homey.

If you like it: thumbs up, and don’t forget to subscribe to this channel :joy:

large_500_500

4 Likes

1 Like

It was just released :beers:

Question : Does the app use the ADEMA vehicle api ?

Dont think so. Never even heard of that :joy:

@Gruijter Love the app thnx!

It seems like since ive connected this app to the bike i need to login in the app serveral times a day, could this be the caused by the app? is there a know workaround? i dont see an option to create a seperate user in the cowboy app right?

1 Like

Thx. I do see some possible improvements in functionality concerning last trip info. Also I believe I can make a limited theft detection in the Homey app. But not my priority right now, working on other stuff…

I also noticed Cowboy only allows a single account to be paired with the bike. I just login again to the phone app every time I take the bike for a spin.

2 Likes

Hi, The implementation of this app, gives issues with the original Cowboy app.
The login frequency in this app, somehow trips the login on their original bike app.
Therefore, I always have to re-login once I want to use the app. Which is pretty annoying since that app is needed to ride the bike :stuck_out_tongue:
Is there a solution for this?

Unfortunately not :frowning: That is probably done on purpose by Cowboy. You could try to contact them about it and let them know you would like to use the Homey app AND the Cowboy mobile app simultaneously.

I just finished a major new release :tada:

V2.0 Cowboy Bike | Homey

• Added last trip distance and duration.
  • Added relocation alarm.
  • Added offline alarm.
  • Added many flow triggers.
  • Fixed range value.

So more information on your totals and last trip. Also some bugs fixed. Plus you can now start flows with all the flow cards I added. Make sure to create flows for:

• Alert to your WhatsApp if the battery needs charging
  • Alert to your WhatsApp if the bike was parked
  • Alarm to your WhatsApp if the bike was relocated without being biked on (stolen perhaps…?)
  • Alarm to your WhatsApp if the bike is not online anymore

Note: if you need an app to send WhatsApps, check out this :wink: [APP][Pro] WhatsApp, Signal, Telegram, Facebook messenger

Is it possible to fix the logout issue with the Cowboy App? It has happened to me that while biking the app was logged out (because of the Homey app running at home), and the bike stopped working.

Wow. That has never happened to me. Are you on latest bike firmware? During tests I performed Homey logged in every minute. This while I was biking for an hour, using the Cowboy app as navigation. That worked fine. Only after parking the bike (and thus shutting the Cowboy app) I needed to login again on the Cowboy app when I wanted to ride it again.

New version 2.0.1 is ready for testing: Cowboy Bike App for Homey | Homey

• Added alarm icons.
  • Improved last parked detection.
  • Changed default offline alarm time to 9 hours.

During my ride the support stopped, thus making me stop to login again to continue my ride. What does this mean in the latest update? “Changed default offline alarm time to 9 hours.” Will this fix the issue?

No. This means that the ‘bike offline’ alarm will by default be triggered when the bike hasnt reported itself to the cowboy servers for more then 9 hours. According to their website the bike should checkin at least every 5 hours, but I found that it sometimes takes longer then that.

v2.0.2 was just released as stable.

• stability improvements

Is there any update on using the Cowboy app and the Homey app? The same time?

Thank you for this great app :slight_smile:

I found it browsing the community forum and didn’t expect to find something like that. Now I think about automating alerts for charging, if I’ll do a trip next day and will maybe run out of battery. So I have a reminder for charging before doing my trip.

1 Like