Zone remains active with magnetic sensor open

Previously, I detected presence in my house with countdown timers. Worked great, but it required some (complicated?) flows. Then, Homey introduced zone activity. Great! My flows were much easier. But then, I discovered that my bathroom remained ‘active’ and I was sure that no one entered the bathroom since several hours. I do have a motion sensor and magnetic sensor there. I then discovered that the window (with a magnetic contact on it) was open. I closed the window and yes, no more activity in my bathroom! Is this indeed correct that a zone is set to active when a door/windows sensor detects it’s open - even for a long time? If it is set as closed, no activity is detected apparently. I do believe it is more evident that, when a door/window opens or closes, that the zone must be set to active, and that after a time-out, the zone is set to inactive… Thanks for your experiences and feedback already!

1 Like

Same problem for HomeConnect dishwasher and washing machine. The zone is active when the lid is open :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback. I solved this by setting the magnetic contacts in a separate zone. So motion detectors remain in zone “Room 1” for example, and magnetic sensors are set in a zone “Room 1 without activity detection”. I then check on activity in only “Room 1”.

1 Like

There shuould be a function where you can choose what triggers are used for zone activity

3 Likes

you can define a trigger in a flow reacting on change the status active/inactive in a specific zone or in all zones

I agree. Please fix this. A open window does not mean the zone is active! Very frustrating.

3 Likes

Please fix this
I not agree if the window is open the zone is active, please let us decide :pray:

2 Likes

Now I add a sub-zone for exclude the devices like windows or dishwasher
Thanks for the post!

A functionality where you could exclude a sensor from a zone would be great. I have the same problem like Sammyj where the HomeConnect dishwasher is triggering my kitchen zone lights as when the dishwasher has finished his cycle it opens automatically to improve the drying. But then off course because the lid is open the zone is active and triggering my lights… Moving the dishwasher to a subzone is “a” solution but not “the” solution.

2 Likes

My wasmachine the same, made Athom aware of it but looks like a Homey core issue as it is not a sensor and the door of the device should not count for zone activity. Emile self was highly surprised so I guess he doesn’t have the Bosch equipment self. :grinning:

Maybe it is a acceptable solution to split the dishwasher by using the Group app. Create one device without the door sensor and one device with only the door sensor. Put the last one in it’s own separate zone.