Zigbee reliability

I asked for a particular limit becaouse since some devices are very close to each other if one device is too close to its limit maybe pair one of its devices with another router could help (staying closer to anoher node or temporarily turing off the old node).

I’m sorry to say “scenes” on thee past years I’ve used a Fibaro HC2 with a lot of Z-wave devices (unfortunately they remained in the old house) and the flows are called scenes there :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I’ll have to repair a lot of flow but fotunately Homey shows a danger sign when there is a broken flow and I think that for now it’s quicker than recreate the flows on Home Assistant that I’ve installed some time ago but never learned how to use it.

I was considering a pi4 8GB since there is not much difference in term of costs between 4 and 8 GB (in the long term) and becouse searching for the suggested HW for home assistant (if not a docker image) a pi4 is always the seggestion.

I’ve a couple of QNAP (653D and 251A) that may be power enough to run it on docker but those NAS contain important data and they perform HDD tests during the morning and turn off at night to preserve the HDD life. For automation purposes I think it’s better to have a 24/7 running device.

If I’ll not able to solve those issues with Zigbee on Homey I’ll be forced to try deCONZ, is there a compatibility list?
The device limit seems very promising with deCONZ, I gave a look to its app on Homey and tried to add a device to se the devices list.
Some of my devices are present but not all especially Osram (lightify) and Ikea bulbs, 2 IN/OUT wall switches MoesGo (Tuya Zigbee) and a generic Tuya zigbee smart plug with energy monitoring.
I see that there is an option to add a generic device for each category but I think that it will not be possible to use advanced parameters like changing color on bulbs or using the energy consuption of th smart plug on flows…

Are you using deCONZ as a stand alone solution without interfacing it to Homey?