Zigbee Green Power (IEEE 802.15.4) support?

Hi,

Just a quick question.
Does anyone know if Homey supports the Zigbee Green Power protocol? (IEEE 802.15.4)
(( I haven’t asked Support yet ))

Green power is part of Zigbee 3.0. Homey works still on Zigbee 1.0 and most people are waiting for the big zigbee re-write

1 Like

Ah, thanks for your quick answer,

And due to my lack of knowledge. Is the zigbee version only a protocol change, or does it also hardware related? (so could Homey in theory ever support it?)

it’s just software

In case anyone cares:
I got a response from Athom Support. They confirmed that it is not supported, and it is uncertain they will ever support it in the future. (so, not saying they won’t, but also not saying they ever will)

You can buy the Eagle-200 if you want a device which can communicate with Zigbee Green Power. There is even a Homey app.

However, ive had two device break now.

Not sure what the intention of the question is…

Most Zigbee 3.0 green power devices work with Homey, within the current limitations of the Zigbee core.

Deeerrrp

Had a complete moment, I got my Zigbee Green Power and Zigbee Smart Energy (Zigbee SE) mixed up for moment.

Sorry for the confusion

The intention was the following product
https://www.robbshop.nl/friends-of-hue-lichtschakelaar-busch-jaeger

I am looking for neutral (in design) wireless wall switches. These are the only ones I find to have a acceptabel design for in the living room (haven’t found anything else yet)

They however work via enocean which is zigbee green power as I understand it.

Edit: thanks for the info. Do you know if these types of devices should work then?