Zaptec app for Homey?

Fantastic! Looks great. I will test this as fast as possible.

In the new app are two then cards missing:
Start charging
Stop Charging

It seems like the link to the app doesn’t work anymore.

As the app was only in test, a new test version needs to be approved by Athom making the old test version overwritten already, but not available (404) because it needs to be approved.
Automatic updates should still update the existing test version I believe.

1 Like

Correct! I pushed a minor patch restoring the start/stop charging cards this morning.

Once you have it installed it will update. I can see that at least two people have gotten the latest update.

It’s up again!

1 Like

I received the update. I will run some tests tonight and will provide the results asap.

Thank you so much for your work!

One of my chargers does not give me “Energy previous session” altough it is available in the Zaptec Portal.
The other charger(s) seem to work in this regard. Could this be because I have two installations (for technical reason - even though they are located almost next to each other)?

I have not tested much of the “active” (startig, stopping and so on…) part of the app yet as I am really only after the statistics here, but what I have tried looks fine.

One small thing; I would prefer having the current meters on the bottom of the list and have Power (W) and previous session (kWh) on the top as those last two are the ones I would look at “in a glance”.

It looks like the readings and status doesn’t update unless I log out and then log in.

Really happy to see the Zaptec app is started to be developed…

• App version v1.1.1
  • Two zaptec chargers (Left & Right)

I managed to start/stop the charger using the Homey device - Great!

The status in the Homey device is not in sync with the Zaptec portal i.e. reality. See picture where Left (Vänster) is in state Charging where the Homey Device status is not updated and in sync!

EDIT: It seems after a while (>15min) the status is updated!

Questions:

• How often is the app getting updated status from Zaptec cloud?
  • Is the status pushed or pulled from Zaptec cloud?

There is no update of values since the last update. I started some tests but no value was updated (connections stat, energy values). Then - flows are working (start, stop, load balancing).

I even reinstalled the device to homey, but no difference.

Right, all very good feedback. I found issues in the polling. The current and “fast values” should update every 30 seconds. The yearly consumption is only updated every day at 07:00. This should now be working.

I’m considering implement AMQP support to get messages pushed to the Homey directly. But I prefer to have a PoC working first :slight_smile:

Energy previous session is taken from Zaptecs “last session” state variable. I’m a bit curious when that changes etc. But it might also be a parsing error.

I have pushed a patched version to address the issues. I’ve also added a debug log in the device settings view. It should normally be empty, it’s updated every 60 second.

1 Like

I received the update. The polling works as expected. Great!

About the status “charging finished”
The status doesn’t change to “charging finished” There seems to be an error . The Zaptec app itself recognizes this status. See picture

About “last charging”
This value is set, when you disconnect your car. The Zaptec App stores the last charging value aswell after you disconnect your car. So this works as expected.

Missing" “current charging”
The value about kWh that has been charging in the current session should be available somewhere. The Zaptec App displays it. I recommend to add this value as well.

Charge mode
What do you mean with “Charge mode” in the variables?

Then not available some times
I expirience, that “then” Cards are sometimes missing. After I reopen the “then” section again the are displayes as expected.

It looks like there is still a delay in the update of status (Charging, Charging finished etc.). The power (Watt) looks like it’s updated like it should.

It also looks like Power doesn’t update if the Zaptec increases its power during a charging process.

Edit: I might only be a delay

Right. I’ll try to address the speed of updates when I get to do AMQP subscription instead of polling. Currently polling every 30 seconds, so there should be at most 30 seconds delay in value updates. This should resolve to “real-time” with AMQP subscriptions later on.

@rh_rh I had a typo for the finishing state. Let’s see if the latest publish solves it. I also addressed the charge mode. It’s intended to reflect the charging state. But a number is harder to understand :slight_smile:

@pwad
“Current Session” and latest Session in kWh works! Love it!

Charging stats won’t be updated at all at the moment. It’s “freezed” on status charging, even if I disconnect the cable.

@pwad Some feedback from debug log

Failed to handle charger state: Error: charge_mode InvalidEnumValueError: Disconnected is not a valid enum value (invalid_enum_value)

Failed to handle charger state: Error: charge_mode InvalidEnumValueError: Charging finished is not a valid enum value (invalid_enum_value)

@pwad Can you please list the Charge mode [number] to corresponding Charge State

I just switched the charge mode numbers to english string instead. Made more sense. Perhaps it needs some thought regarding language. The latest update should switch the token to a readable format for you.

I think that is better and more understandable, thanks! The available charge modes are these?