Z-wave with a zigbee driver (Namron)

I’ve tried to add a 4 button Namron wall controller. Both the Namron and EasyHome apps is adding it as a z-wave device and using a zigbee driver. Now it is “locked” to easyhome zigbee driver, even added with the Namron app.

No problems with adding and removing, but the wring driver is of course a show stopper.

It has no scenes, only battery level and status in flows.

Anyone with any idea what to do?

The namron app only has z-wave devices (even code wise) that it supports, but even if it did support zigbee devices, it is physically impossible to include a z-wave device as zigbee device, and/or the other way around.

So curious how you think that a device is included as zigbee, which is 100% sure impossible software wise.

Just added the device and this is the result. 100% sure possible software wise.

Or it is just the wrong device Titel, and you do have a zigbee device.
As it is really impossible to include a z-wave device as zigbee device, as both protocols include based on ID’s (also shown in the device’s advanced settings) in the device itself, not on what you click.

I am sure its a z-wave device. Other information further down confirms it. Have another installed a month ago, works fine.

I’ll try to get in touch with the developer.

The developer has chosen the (misleading) id com.easyhome.mw.zigbee for their app, even though it also supports Z-Wave devices.

1 Like

You are right, have the same problem with both wall controller and remote control, wall control in z-wave, remote in zigbee.

try again now, Easyhome had an update three hours ago. Seems to be ok now.

That worked om the wall Controller z-wave, remote zigbee is still battery flowcards.