[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

SOLVED:

IDs should be “Right button” and “Left button” respectively.

Hello,

A super silly question on button IDs for Aqara Wireless Switch Double 2018.

I want a flow that says “Hello World” when left button is pressed.

Working flow:
If button pressed
then say “Hello World”

but of course right button also triggers the flow

Not working flow:
If button pressed
and button is exactly 0
then say “Hello World”

Presumably I am using a wrong button ID. Can please anyone advise what button ID is associated with left button?

But what is the limit, anyone knows ? Eg. I have in total 3 non-battery powered devices which acts as routers in total 25 devices including Homey. So is it really the issue ? When I’m looking on routers, 6 devices are routing and another 6 as well so just 10 are connected directly to Homey. I just lost one of them and Homey - so 25 in total. So are routers solving this anyhow, or ? Looking that routers somehow routes only 6 devices each, a coincident ?

Use “a scene has been activated” in the “when” pane instead;

Hi Peter

Could you explain how to get direct information, readable on the button like on your picture?

I also had a lot and a lot of difficulties with this vibration sensor, exactly same problems as you. But after about ten attemps, it worked!
Try this: go near your Homey (very near, 10 cm), then press the button 3-5 seconds until the first blue flash, and directly after the first flash of the blue led, release the button. Then press the button about every 5 seconds until the sensor is added.
Don’t misunderstand me: this sensor has a very clear problem in its design or programming, it’s not at all normal to have to do this!

You have to run it locally and change the code to achieve this. Take a look at this topic.

I’m using a Aqara relay module. This is a two channel relay. In homey it is shown as 1 device/app. In flows I can use switch 1 or switch 2, but in Google homer only switch 1 is available.

Because of this topic i did buy some temp sensors and placed them in fridge and freezer it is working nicely.

I do have two items:

• The battery of the freezer is droppig to 65% in a week. Do you recognize this? Do you need to replace the battery often?

• One device in a fridge is not connected to Zigbee anymore after some hours. After pushing the button it is connecting again. The device of the freeser is further away from Homey and no having no problem. I did repair the device , but the same problem. Any idea’s?

Point 1: Yes, as you can see the freezer sensors are on 65% and 69%. They have that percentage from the first week. Didn’t have to change the batteries yet, although i had to clean one of them due to large amount of ice between the battery and the contact. After good drying and replacing it in another spot it worked again.

Point 2: I have had that a few times, but not with the ones in the fridges and freezers. I think it highly depends on the place in the unit because there is a lot of insulation, metal en electronics in there.
Maybe you can try it on a slight different place in the fridge?

Thanks for the answers

on the main screen yes, i just activates relay 1, to activate relay 2 you need to open the device go to the switch screen and on the top where it says Switch 1, you can tap this to get a drop down menu and select relay 2.
It is not very convenient and would be better if it was more like a fibaro double relay, but the other option is to simply create a virtual switch and a flow to switch relay 2 with the virtual switch.

Any news on the B1 Curtain motor:/?

All of a sudden all my xiaomi devices are not working anymore (except my door sensor). I have battery powered switches (3), cube, temp, humidity sensor (displays -100) and 3 powered plugs. I have reset homey, pulled the plug for a couple off minutes, updated to the latest rc. Nothing. Zigbee is working because I also have an ikea plug and that one is working just fine.

Does anyone know what could have happened and what can be done to make it work again?

Greetings,
Aaron

aaaaand, now it works again after doing exactly nothing…
Yesterday before I went to bed a switch worked one time and then it stopped again. This morning when I woke up, everything worked like nothing happened.
Strange!

Greetings,
Aaron

Dayli restart is what I do

@erik.fisher working on finding a solution to add support for the B1 curtain controller.
Unfortunately (for me), it requires more then just a minor modification of the Xiaomi curtain controller.
The B1 curtain controller doesn’t report the available Zigbee clusters and commands; which Homey expects / requires. There are options to work around this, but that will require quite some workarounds… I’ll keep you guys updated.

For some reasons, the Zigbee controller is stalling when you do a PTP, which will result in no Zigbee devices available. A reboot as suggested by @Erik_M_Madsen will solve the issue (in most cases).

2 Likes

I see - thanks for the detailed update! Appreciate it. You are doing Gods work🙌 Let me know if I can be of assistance!

Erik

Hit @TedTolboom and @Erik_M_Madsen, I did do a restart and that dit not work either. Not immediately that is, the next day everything was fine. I can’t say if that was because of the restart.

thanks for your advice though.
Greetings,
Aaron

Are you guys also crazy about the Xiaomi Opple scene selectors? The are Cool! And I want them.

Buying them is not the point, i did already.
Adding them to Homey is the thing.
For that we need to give support to Ted, then he can buy them and work on it.