Would it be possible to install Home Assistant on the Raspberry pi of the new Homey Pro 2023 for dashboard control?

Hi all,

Would it be possible to install Home Assistant on the build in Raspberry pi of the new Homey Pro 2023 for dashboard control?
Just an idea :sweat_smile:

Bart

2 Likes

:grimacing: :facepunch:t2: :smile:

In the AMA Emile has says that they runs a Pi-Hole on the internal sandbox environment of homey, so looks to me you can also run HA or somethings else.

You don’t want to push the new Homey to his limits again :joy:.

hehe, sómeone has to try to bring it on it’s knees one day :wink:

yeah-i-know-little-britain

1 Like

Do you guys think that it will be possible to connect an hdmi cable to the new homey using a usb-c to hdmi dongle? I have a raspberry pi touchscreen wich will be nice to connect directly…

I am almost certain you can connect it,
it are standard connectors and with a USB-C Hub you could connect it.

I also think That it doesn’t work the way you probably expect, Is the closed Homey OS (probably still Linux based) is stripped down to only the bare necessary drivers it won’t recognize the USB device.
And even if it is recognized, it probably won’t be available in the Container / sandbox that is available using the SSH experiment. But that is just guessing as long as we have no working product available yet.

And in addition to @Dijker, I don’t think the traces and necessary additional components (for filtering and converting the signal to the USB C spec’s display signal) are there, that would add additional cost. (Nintendo did the same for their Nintendo Switch Lite, same graphic chip, but no components to convert it to HDMI over USB-C to save on costs)
The CM4 does support 2x HDMI, but that’s HDMI signal, not natively HDMI over USB-C.

1 Like

Someone already tried to install ha? Tried core but didn’t get it installed hope someone makes a how to🤣