Will the new Homey Pro support Z-Wave SmartStart?

Will the new Homey Pro support Z-Wave SmartStart?

1 Like

I can’t find any information relating to my question on that page

Z-Wave Plus ?

In that case I think you can best ask Athom self,
Pretty sure the community doesn’t know when, or if it even is on the roadmap…

from: https://www.silabs.com/documents/public/presentations/SmartStart.pdf
so first Scan the device, then poweron the device and it is automagical included in the Z-Wave network when the device is on the inclusion list on the Controller.

Not sure that will rule out all user failures, but they claim that.
Guess the inclusion of most Z-Wave devices isn’t that complex that it is necessary or has that huge benefit that Athom put’s development time in that.

Smartstart

https://manual.zwave.eu/backend/make.php?lang=en&sku=AEOEZW175&cert=ZC10-19066544

And how could I scan the QR code with Homey?

Homey is your App,
Put a device on the inclusion list in Homey* by scanning a QR from the Homey App?

• Homey => in the Cloud or Homey Pro

Indeed. But then it would have to be supported by an app , rather than by Homey?

Zwave smartstart works differently on different devices. But generally they work like this: when powered on and not already paired to a network, they enter smartstart pairing mode. A smartstart compliant controller will then find them and add them automatically.

That also means that when mounting all the dimmers, I don’t need to connect them one by one and can let the electrician focus on just mounting.

Maybe, not sure, if the QR lead to a unique App ̶A̶t̶h̶o̶m̶ ̶, Homey can Download the App and if there are no other questions for inclusion it could be automagical included … In the root zone of your house, without a name or with a unique Socker_DEAF1 IF so the next one has a new unique name.

But that it could work, doesn’t tell me it solves a real or complex problem. At least not without introducing other problems.

I guess Athom now isn’t going to spend time in it.