Which replacement power supply to buy?

If your old Homey supply is broke which one do you have to buy as a good replacement?
There are a lot of power supplies on the market. Some better quality as others.
If you bought a replacement power supply, can you let it know, so we can create a list with replacement power supplies.
Please respond with brand, type, voltage (V) and amperage (A).

Reserved.

Bought this one at bol.com. For now it’s working fine!

Athom seem to have supplied quite a few defective usb power supplies and in some cases seem to have actually broken Homey. Shouldn’t they be doing a recall / supplying new power supplies. As well as not working, aren’t low quality defective usb power supplies known to be a potential danger.

2 Likes

Mine was 3 years old. The topic is about good alternatives for when the product is out of guaranty.

Why do you think 3 years is out of warranty? Seeing the positioning of Homey by Athom as a premium product I would expect the lifetime to be around 5 years. Also, seeing the number of reports about failed power supplies I would expect a replacement without costs within that period.

(This only applies to Dutch consumers, our consumer laws differ a bit from the rest of the EU)

Running on an old iPad p/s 10W since I got my Homey almost 3 years now. No issues.
Athom sent me my Homey with the EU type p/s which didn’t match my AU plug. So I tossed it in the bin from day one.

Ok. But still the topic is about good alternatives to buy.

Peter, my comment is relevant to this thread. Your power supply might have been out of warranty but that doesn’t mean that will be the case for everyone reading the thread. Not sure why you would shoot me down like that. Seems unfriendly. We are supposed to be here to help each other.

Did not ment to shoot you down. The idea of this thread was to get a database of powersupplys that work. Not to get in another discussion about Athom

1 Like

And therefor the rest of the off-topic posts will be deleted without further notice.

3 Likes

Was looking, if I find information about broken power supplies and it seems like the one you get with the Homey is just a bad quality device.

I got my Homey 3 days ago and today nothing was working anymore, the Homey was Off. I tried different sockets until I changed the power supply and everything works again. Generally until now, I am more then pleased with my Homey, but a device for end consumer in that price range should have a better charger.

I use now the following device which I already use nearly a year for different devices and it also works well with my Homey.
[Link](Anker 24W 2 Port USB Ladegerät mit PowerIQ Technologie, Reise Ladegerät für iPhone, iPad, Samsung Galaxy, Note, Nexus, HTC, Motorola, LG, Xiaomi und weitere (Weiß) https://www.amazon.de/dp/B013AZCPLS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ke1MEbJTTBF0S)

My Homey Pro developed a sudden, with no warning problem yesterday. Red ring and the speaker was making a crackling sound like static. Tried PTP for nearly an hour and then plugged back in and this time static but no red ring. Tried again for another hour and this time turned it upside down, absolutely no effect, no change in response nothing. Changed power supply from the supplied one to a spare Huawei fast charger which can output up to 5A and Homey booted no problem…Backup was the first thing I then did. So, my Homey is only a few months old, although according to app it is an early 2019 model. Obviously this sounds like a broken power supply (UK model) and I will be contacting Homey. Seems like such a silly thing to have go wrong.

Some time ago I’ve purchased lower one. It powers my homey, Google speaker, netatmo, wireless charger, all at once. Really good purchase for less then 20 eur I think. I see it’s out of stock but most likely just temp as it’s Amazon basics line.

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/AmazonBasics-4-Port-Wall-Charger-Ports/dp/B0773K4L9L/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=amazonbasics%2Busb-ladegerät&qid=1613227261&sr=8-3&th=1&psc=1

1 Like

Seems a bit strange Athom still ships these faulty power supplies although it’s a known issue. I also had to replace mine a few months ago.

1 Like

If you ask them they send you a new one with no trouble. I had mine next day after sending an email.

2 Likes

I’ve sent them an email describing the problem. Their support has been great

1 Like

Mine broke during the weekend. So I did not have the luxury to wait for them to open up case and them sending a new power supply.

Same is for people who have their residency outside of the Netherlands then the sending if a simple power supply wil take at least a few days.

If you see how many did brake. It would be in order to send one in advance to certain batches. What surprises me the most is that this problem also occurs with the newer models like Homey Pro.

1 Like

But in the mean time you can use the adapter of a telephone. Of course it shouldn’t happen. Mine was broken after two and a half years.

1 Like

My logic was: why wait for a company to probably ship the same quality power supply when I can have a new one within a day of good quality.

1 Like