Water heater flow

Hello
I am a newbie con homey pro flows, and I don’t manage to make a water heater flow. I just want to heat water between 4:00 am and 7:30 am between 55ºC and 65ºC, and also to turn off heater at 7:30. Also I want create a security flow to turn off Heater when water reach 70ºC every moment. Now I have this flows

Thanks

Hi @Kikegf

Your flows could work, but tell us what is the problem you are facing?
Besides that, I would recommend the following:

1. Avoid the use of every 1 min/hour cards: when used in multiple flows, they cause big CPU peaks and it may cause motion sensor actions to be delayed.
  • Your first card can be replaced with:
    WHEN 04:00 AND off AND <55 THEN on
    WHEN temperature<55 AND off AND 04:00-07:30 THEN turn on
  1. Avoid the (non limited, like 24h) use of WHEN…has changed for temperature, humidity, luminance, etc. For the same reason as 1. These values can change every second and Homey will be running these flows constantly.
  • Your second card can be replaced with:
    When temperature>65 AND on AND 04:00-07:30 THEN turn off
  1. Your third card is fine, it turns off the heater at 07:30

2. The fourth card can be replaced like in 2:
    When temperature>69 AND on THEN turn off

3. Before you get too experienced with simple flows, I would really recommend advanced flows. They will give you a better overview and easier maintenance plus a number of other benefits

wow!! Thank you very much!! impressive the advanced flow!! I explain you what I want, to see if that matches in that flow. I want my heater working only between 4 am and 7:30 am, and I want it to turn on when temperature it’s below 55ºC and stop when reaches 65ºC, because it’s when we shower at home so to keep water warm

You are welcome. Just follow the flow from each trigger and lmk if you have any questions.

1. Triggers are independent? I mean, the flow starts when one trigger match the parameters, it doesn’t need to have all triggers jump together.

2. The time triggers and the delay, means that when its 4:00 am the trigger starts and runs every second until 7:30?

Correct. It helps to have each trigger follow the same, central logic

No, it means that at 4:00am the flow delays for 1 second and then evaluates the next steps. This is to make sure that the time falls within 4:00-7:30. An alternative approach is to trigger at 4:01

1 Like