Warning: do not upgrade Amina app if you are not on firmware 12!

V2.01 of the Amina app is available for download.
The change log does state that v2 requires homey firmware 12.

I was not on firmware 12 yet and pressed the update button (had not read the changelog yet, but hey what if I had automatic updates on…)
The result was that the app was completely removed and could not be installed anymore.

After upgrading to firmware 12 I could install the app again.
But the device was corrupted.

I created the Amina device again and paired with zigbee. It seems to work again (need to test more tomorrow)

I have reported the issue to the developer.

If the app has defined Homey FW >=12.x in app.json definition - and it seems so because the FW is shows as requirement on the app store Page - it should not be possible to install the app in your case.
Auto update should not update.
Manual install should give an error message and prevent Installation.

So if you were able to install without any error message, you should create a bug report at Athom support to check this issue.

3 Likes

What model Homey? What FW where you on and what was the Mobile App version?

Homey Pro 2023

V11.0.0

V8.2.2.1502

1 Like

No error at all,
I opened the app from the app section in the app. Pressed the update button.

The window closed and I noticed the app was no longer listed.

Installed it again, no error but it did not install

Upgraded to fw12

I could install the app

Thanks, got the same response from the app developer (below in Dutch)

> On Aug 19, 2024, at 09:19, Bob van de Vijver (@bobv) gitlab@drenso.nl wrote:

> Hallo
>
> Bedankt voor je bericht. Je hebt compleet gelijk, echter kunnen wij als appontwikkelaar hier niets aan veranderen. Wij geven juist aan de firmware 12 vereist is vanwege bepaalde functionaliteit die we gebruiken, waarna het aan Homey is om ervoor te zorgen dat deze versie van de app niet geïnstalleerd kan worden als jouw Homey die versie niet draait. We hebben dit probleem wel gelijk doorgegeven aan onze contacten bij Athom en die gaan hiermee aan de slag.
>
> Ik sluit hierbij dan ook dit ticket, maar mocht je in de toekomst nog verdere ondersteuning nodig hebben kun je uiteraard altijd een nieuwe mail sturen.
>
>
> Met vriendelijke groet, Bob van de Vijver