VThermo app

So its not possible for me to get the actual temperatures showing under “device” page in the app?

I guess you are not the only one asking for this… but you could try to contact Athom about it.

I know some people copy the temperature to a virtual device, to be able to see the temperature.

Yeah, will do that.

Possibly for you to guide me in the right direction regarding the people who does this?
I am trying the same but not able.

Hay, I use your great app. But to improve the comfort i want you if it’s possible to add/show a 2nd value (current temperature) on the main screen ? 2020-10-21 00.03.13kopie

I hope this is possible.

Thanks

Hi,

No, this is not possible. The device tiles are a part of the Athom design for the mobile app, and it’s only possible to show the target temperature.

I have a number of radiators controlled by Eurotronic Spirit thermostatic valves, but the built-in thermostat isn’t always reliable, so I was considering using VThermo instead.
But how does VThermo work with radiator valves? Will it only set the valve to either fully open or fully closed, or can it also use other positions, like 1/4, 1/2 etc?
In manual mode the Spirits allow setting the valve to any position, so this is possible at least.

I had the same question, and solved it (or avoided it) by putting the Spirit valves in a zone below the actual room, and setting the setpoint much higher than the setpoint actual requested.

So, let’s say I want the bathroom to be 20 degrees and it is 18. In that case the heating is switched on and the Spirit is set to 23 (not 20!). If the temperature is reached, the Spirit is set to 15 degrees.

@balmli expanded the VThermo temperature measuring to be able to include sub zones, but ‘my solution’ avoids the temperature the Spirit measures to influence the thermostats in the bathroom.

1 Like

I have done something similar, but “manually”. My problem with the Spirits is that sometimes they keep the valve open, even if the room temperature is way above the target temperature.
What I’ve done is creating a “watchdog flow” for some of the spirits, such that if the room temperature is more than 2 degrees above the target, the thermostat is turned off, and not turned on again until the room temperature is equal to the target temperature.

So my idea was that by using VThermo as thermostat instead of the built-in thermostat in the Spirit, I could avoid this problem. However, if the VThermo only support fully open or fully closed valve, then I’m afraid the temperature regulation will be too coarse, given the slowness of a radiator.

Great app!

Perhaps I’m stupid, but is it possible to control my heater when it heats or not based on the value in VThermo, instead of the default thermo in heater?

As you can see below the average calculation in VThermo says heater of, but the heater itself is heating based on it’s own thermo. It’s always colder at the window…

Thanks,

It’s not possible without flows, I think.

You can create two flows to adjust the target temperature fo the “Element - Nikes rum”, and that will turn the heater on and off.

Flow 1: When: VThermo “Thermostat turned on” -> Then: set target temperature of “Element - Nikes rum” to a high value.

Flow 2: When: VThermo “Thermostat turned off” -> Then: set target temperature of “Element - Nikes rum” to a low value.

1 Like

Hello I’m using vthermo. I set to update also the other thermostats and works. Is itnposwibile to add an offset to other thermostats? Offset value is only for the master

Why can’t vthermo start my sensibo AC?
With vthermo I could use several temperature sensors to decide when to start/stop AC.

I cannot set target humidity to be the current humidity. The flow card gives an error.

This should be possible no?
Perhaps it’s because humidity is not an integer?

Yes, target humidity is an integer.

New feature discovered!

Maybe not known by all: Google home reports temperatures in vthermo.

I have Philips hue motion sensors all over the place and they also measure temperature. These sensors are not synced to Google home.

Vthermo is synced to Google home.

By adding a vthermo in each zone, I can now ask Google for the temperature in each room (zone).

Note: as Google apparently identifies vthermo as a heater, it will always say vthermo heating is set to x °C., even when "Invert switch” (checkbox in Adv. settings) was set. I was hoping it would say cooling then. No big deal though.

Hi

I like to control temperature with a heater connected to a on/off device. How can I connect Vthermo the the on/of device?
Thanks!

Hi,

If it’s a “heater”, VThermo will automatically turn the heater on / off, based on the target temperature set on the VThermo, and a temperature sensor in the same sone.

If the heater is connected to a wall plug, you will need to set the type to “heater”.

Here’s a link to the “official” page for VThermo: [APP][PRO] VThermo
and you might want to read that page, and continue the discussion there.

Message removed.
Problem solved by pulling the plug.

Still enjoying vthermo very much!

I use rooms with vthermos fed by several thermometers for cooling with Hysteresis set to 0.1

The target temperature can be set only to numbers rounded by 0.25C, so like this 22.5, 22.8 (22.75). 23.0

I would like to set the target temperature step with 0.1 C precision as well.
Can you make this possible?

But are your temp sensors that accurate ? (Most are +/- 1 deg C)

I will check if 0.1 is possible, but don’t think so.