Venetian blinds + Fibaro Roller Shutter 2 + Fibaro Athom B.V. - No Rotation control

Hi all,

I brand new here and new to Homey so hi to everyone :slight_smile:
Hi all,

Originally I purchased Homey so I can control some Somfy 240V blinds rotation as well as lift. Originally I was using lightwaverf inline relays however because these are latch I couldn’t do anything with the blind rotation.

So I’m using the Fibaro shutter 2 module and not using any hardware switches and just using it remotely however the app /driver written for homey there is again no control written for slat rotation, therefore I can’t set anything in software to automate or control rotation at all.

Is there any thoughts on this control being written in much like the control that is available in Fibaro Home center below using Roller Shutter 2

images

If I can’t get this working and as much as I really love Homey, it’s going to have to go back unfortunately.
Any help or ideas would much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi KM!
Have you been able to resolve the issue in the meantime?
Best
Manfred

no answer? same problem.

philipp

Hi! It’s a very common problem, you should find a lot of posts on the forum about this. Spoiler: there is not easy solution, only tinkering, testing, loosing time and tinkering again. If you know French: Profalux Brise Soleil Orientable (BSO)

Hello there, I’m new here. Meantime anyone with the solution for the Venetian blind problem? I would like to have 2 switches in my app, one for the lift and one for the rotation.

Hi! Working on it. I found the workaround. Guide is here…

1 Like

Smart Home - Roller Shutter 3 & Venetian blinds

Hi all, I’m newbie to homey too… (6 days).
I have finaly found the way how to trim lamelas.
I was able to succesfully repeat it using this guide on all blind in my house.
Its quite complicated, but during my detetective work i learn a lot about z-wave device control. Now I understand why so many users failed to solve it.
To have it really done in the right way, as it is in Fibaro Home Center, It needs to be fixed by Homey / Fibaro app plugin.
Configuration of “venetian blinds” (those with lamelas) is clearly missing in device configuration (probably just due to missing two sliders device control UI on homey). But here its my (brief for now) workaround.

1. Fibaro Roller Shutter needs to be paired into homey z-way network as insecure
  • there is the workaround to start inclusion as Walli Outlet: Add device/Fibaro/Walli Outlet
  • Its smart way to force non secure way of inclusion
  • dont worry it will be finnaly recognized as Roller Shutter 3 by Homey
  • Pairing instructions are of course different use the right one for Roller Shutter 3 (in my case tripple click on blind control switch 1)
  1. Configure the Rollel Shutter 3 for Venetian blindes
  • set custom parameters: Device/Advanced Settings/Raw Configuration Parameters/Value: 151,1,2;152,4,150;153,1,0;
  • set calibration to start: Device/Advanced Settings/Start calibration
  • dont be surprised that Roller Shutter 3 will remember tilt of lamelas after the blind position change - it will open/close during movement and then lamelas will be set to last position again (looks bit strange but its correct behavior)
  • note the NodeID in Advanced Settings screen… you will need it later in Z-wave raw commad
  1. Test the blinds
  • if you are able to control blinds position (Device/Slider)
  • fine tune the time to full trim lamelas, if the time to fuľl open is too long blinds are moving after lamelas are full open. In my case i’ve changed default value 150ms to 110 ms. ( sixth number in raw parameter config: 151,1,2;152,4,110;153,1,0; )
  • if the time will be accurate then when it you will trim lamelas blinds will not move unnecesary too much, and also partial trimming of lamelas will be more precise (eg 50%)
  1. Create custom flow for triming lamelas
  • new Flow using Z-wave raw comand:
  • When…: card: Flow/This flow is started
  • Then…: card: System/Z-Wave/Send raw command, NodeID: numeric id of your Roller Shutter 3 (one noted n previous step), Parameter: 0x60,0x0D,0x13,0x02,0x26,0x01,99
    Parameter is the sentence in hexadecimal but could be on decimal or mixed. Hexa values are mostly specified in device manuals so youll be able to check them, if you are interested in its meaning. Basicaly it says that we are sending command to Endpoint2 (lamelas) that we would like to set level of lamelas to 100% (full open) - the last number in decimal 99 (or 0x63 hexa)
  • To close lamelas (change the last number to 0), to open lamelas (99), to partialy open lamelas (50), etc…
    (Btw you can control also the position of blinds using such raw command too… just change fourth number of endpoint to 1 (0x60,0x0D,0x13,0x01,0x26,0x01,99), or you can send even direct comand without specification of endpoint sinve endpoint1 is considered as default - root)
  1. Create flows which includes those trimming lamelas flows
  • to open lamelas at the sun rise
  • to close blinds and close lamelas
    (This is up to you and its not part of this guide… yet, dont forgot about Duplicate flow function in case you ave more blinds…)
  1. Test it and finetune
  • test the sequence timing… and fine tune the flows, dont hasitate to share with us your findings…
  • for example parial open flow trim lamelas diferently when its launched from open state than from closed… so its good to close it first and then partialy open…

Known limitiation (so far):

1. Roller Shutter is not connecteŕd in secure way
  2. Missing device UI for lamelas control in Homey (only flows)
  3. You cannot send more commands in same time (to trim and to set position) it needs to be sequenced…

Hopefully Athom developers will fix it soon so it will become obsolete… If you know how to report, vote for fix let us know…

Let me know if this guide works or if you are facing some issues, or I havent describe it well (not a native speaker, and Wrote it on my iPhone…)

And as usual… use on your own risk… for your own good…

4 Likes

Update: looks like after update of homey to v7 my blindls lamelas stayed closed at the morning. I found that the trick described above is still working just maximum number 99 for opening the lamelas is now about 60. Jigher numebrs are ignored. So i’ve modified my open lamelas flow and it works again.

Hello, I just read your workaround for roller shutter3 and venetian blinds…on an other thread…

I have three questions:

First question :
Why make an “insecure” inclusion with the Walli Outlet device because all the description you give to create a flow in order to tilt the slats, you can do it after having made the inclusion directly from the roller shutter3 …
I am normally paired in “secure” with Roller shutter 3 and I can do the flow you describe …
Then> Z-wave> send raw command> Nod ID and Parameter.**
So why do I have to go through pairing via the Wallli outlet?

Second question:
For the opening of the slats or their closing the parameter to be written is the same, only the last digit differs? 99 to open and 0 to close

Third question:
The Node ID is the Device id? Because in Advanced Settings I have: Device ID, Manufacturer ID, Product Type ID and Product ID

Thank you

No reply but I understood with the explanation in another thread on this forum …We cannot send raw “Z wave” commands if the module has been included in S2 secure mode.
Unfortunately today with version 7.xxx the possibility of including in non-secure way(S0) is no longer possible … Sadly the @AK47 great workaround has become useless :worried:

Because this problem and other problems with the forced S0 or S2 security standard since v7.x is the reason why Edwin made a request thread. So please give him a :heart:.

Background of Feature Request Threads in the Community:

1 Like

On holidays… so sorry for late answer. Yes … to send raw command you need to have device unsecured. If homey is not supporting this workaround anymore, it is then very bad news… i still have two more blinds to be integrated… Its really time that athom will support fibaro roller shutter fully…

Unfortunately you will no longer be able to include your next 2 “Roller Shutter3” in an unsecured manner … If you find a new idea … ???

Good news…!!! New workaround: by entering a bad PIN (eg: 00000) during inclusion, the Fibaro “Roller Shutter3” is not in: “S2 Authenticated” but in unsecured mode !!! so we can create flows with Zwave: “send raw command”.
I can finally close the slats in the evening and open them in the morning with flows !!! :laughing:

Roller Shutter 3 & Venetian blinds Workaround (Revision 2)

After recent upgrades of Homey Firmware I have changed the way how to pair the Roller Shutter 3 in the unsecure way. This is neccessary to be able to send raw command to device for triming the lamelas. And also number for fully open lamelas has been updated instead of 99 its 60 ( and i have no idea why - it just resilt of experimenting)

1. Fibaro Roller Shutter 3 needs to be paired into homey z-way network as insecure:

• Start Pairing as Roller Shutter 3
  • Pairing according to homey screen guide (in my case twice tripple click on blind control switch 1 works better since button B is not accessible)
  • When Homey pairing guide will ask you for secure pin, answer 00000 (zeros) since this is invalid, it will pair your device in insecure way, so you’ll be able to control lamelas tilt using flows with zwave raw commands.

2. Configure the Roller Shutter 3 for Venetian blinds

• set custom parameters: Device/Advanced Settings/Raw Configuration Parameters/Value: 151,1,2;152,4,150;153,1,0; (it will say that you have blinds with lamelas)
  • set calibration to start: Device/Advanced Settings/Start calibration
  • do’nt be surprised that Roller Shutter 3 will remember tilt of lamelas after the blind position change - it will open/close during movement and then lamelas will be set to last position again. Looks bit strange but its correct behavior and confirmation that you have configure the type of blind in the right way.
  • note the DeviceID (for example 42) in Advanced Settings screen of device… you will need it later in Z-wave raw commads.

3. Test the blinds

• if you are able to control blinds position (Homey/Device/Slider)
  • you can also test blinds and lamelas using connected wall switch (up and down, lamelas trim using up/down long press)
  • fine tune the time to full trim lamelas, if the time to fuľl open is too long blinds are moving after lamelas are full open. In my case i’ve changed default value 150ms to 110 ms. (sixth number in raw parameter config: 151,1,2;152,4,110;153,1,0; )
  • if the time will be accurate then when it you will trim lamelas blinds will not move unnecesary too much, and also partial trimming of lamelas will be more precise (eg 50%)

4. Create custom flow for triming lamelas

• new Flow using Z-wave raw comand:
  • When…: card: Flow/This flow is started
  • Then…: card: System/Z-Wave/Send raw command, DeviceID: numeric id of your Roller Shutter 3 (one noted n previous step), Parameter: 0x60,0x0D,0x13,0x02,0x26,0x01,99
    Parameter is the sentence in hexadecimal but could be on decimal or mixed. Hexa values are mostly specified in device manuals so youll be able to check them, if you are interested in its meaning. Basicaly it says that we are sending command to Endpoint2 (lamelas) that we would like to set level of lamelas to 100% (full open) - the last number in decimal 99 (or 0x63 hexa)
  • after another homey update i found that 99 is not anymore maximum its now decimal 60
  • To close lamelas (change the last number to 0), to open lamelas (60), to partialy open lamelas (30), etc…
    (Btw you can control also the position of blinds using such raw command too… just change fourth number of endpoint to 1 (0x60,0x0D,0x13,0x01,0x26,0x01,99), or you can send even direct comand without specification of endpoint since endpoint1 is considered as default - root)

5. Create flows which includes those trimming lamelas flows

• to open lamelas at the sun rise
  • to close blinds and close lamelas
    (This is up to you and its not part of this guide… yet, dont forgot about Duplicate flow function in case you ave more blinds… just remember to change DeviceID)

6. Test it and finetune

• test the sequence timing… and fine tune the flows, dont hasitate to share with us your findings…
  • for example partial open flow trim lamelas diferently when its launched from open state than from closed… so its good to close it first and then partialy open…

Known limitiation (so far):

1. Roller Shutter is not connecteŕd in secure way
  2. Missing device UI for lamelas control in Homey (only flows)
  3. You cannot send more commands in same time (to trim and to set position) it needs to be sequenced…

And as usual… use on your own risk… for your own good…

Looks like its fixed by Homey, and workaround above is not needed anymore…,

Really? I don‘t have any slider for position of Venetian blinds.

They fixed it only at RS3.

Hey, what do I have to set to have the function with rs3?

nothing to do with fibaro last update if you have a RS3. you have now two cursors one for up and down and an other for the orientation of the slates