V2 ring keyboard configuration

Hi, I have a Ring 2 keyboard with Homey pro. Can I use the Ring keypad without the Ring control unit? I’d like to enter a code to activate my alarm but I can’t manage it. Can you help me?
Thank you

First of all, welcome to the Homey Community!

To make sure you are aware of the forum rules, please read the Welcome to the forum! post here.

If you search for ring keypad in this forum you will find answers.
But, short answer is yes.
Did you check the Ring app for the keypad? Install it and include your keypad and look at the triggers (when cards) available.

Hello Anders, I’m coming back to you because unfortunately I can’t find my help. I’m trying to set a code for the on/off of my Homey alarm from the Ring V2 keypad. I think I need to set a Pin code, but I can’t find where to do it.
Thanks for your help, it’s a really great system.
I’m in France, in Corrèze, and I don’t speak English (thanks Deepl), so maybe that’s why I can’t find it.
Thanks again if you can help.
Bruno.

No problem :slight_smile:
If you are using Heimdall as your alarm system, follow this guide: Ring Security - Extend Heimdall with Ring Security products

If you just want to set a code to trigger flows you need to use the “Ring Security” app.
You do not configure any code in the keypad. When you enter a code and press e.g. arm button this card will be triggered: “Key sequence entered”.
The tag will hold the code entered and what button was pressed. Then act on that with logic cards.

Hi,

I don‘t want to open a new thread for my maybe stupid question: is there any way to make the ring keypad v2 stop talking?

Lower the volume to 0

Thx, stupid me :smiley:

1 Like

Hello, I’m back in my house and I’m still trying to configure a code on the Ring keypad V2 to switch my Homey alarm on/off. I’m using the Heimdall module.
When I press one of the three buttons at the top of the keypad, my alarm switches to On. I’d like to condition the alarm On/Off according to a code only. I’m trying to use the “enter key sequence” function. It doesn’t work. Could you please help me? Thanks in advance
Bruno

Could you share your flow where you handle the keys from the keypad?
In the flow you need to check the key sequence for PIN and alarm button.

Or, if you are using Heimdall you need to add a user in the Heimdall app.

Hello Anders, I don’t have a preference on how it works. The keyboard alone or with Heimdall. I’ve tried both. I did create a user for Heimdall (see copy).
user heimdall

I don’t understand how to make the link between the Heimdall user and the keyboard activation of the alarm.
I must be missing something simple for you, but I can’t find it. I apologize for this request.
Best regards

For Ring keypad and Heimdall it is all handled by Heimdall.
Read this how-to: Ring Security - Extend Heimdall with Ring Security products - #4 by DaneedeKruyff

Heimdall will check the PIN and arm according to the arm button pressed.

To handle the Ring keypad by your self you need to create a flow like this:

Trigger Heimdall arming card or do something you like.

Thanks for your feedback, I’ve understood my mistake.
It works perfectly. Have a nice evening and thanks again for your help.
Bruno

1 Like