Updates to the dashboard

Hi guys - coming from HA and really love this Homey platform but have a few things I would like to raise. We have a screen in the kitchen where we all can see the top things at a glance… (location of the family members, some metrics (current electricity consumption / cost), weather, temperature etc…

So adding the following to the dashboard would be awesome:

• charts (resizable like 1-2-3 cards wide) of any given insight metric
  • being able to toggle between bar and line charts
  • gauges based on certain criteria
  • being able to choose what data that should be visible on a custom card (large number of a temperature etc)
  • Adding a simple list of flows for easy access of a toggle switch (to be able to disable/inactivate some flows)
  • Zones - have a card for each person in the house with updated locations (for example, profil picture of John Doe and then the location like School, Store, “Friend James house”, or just simply Away if zone has not been added)
  • A tab layout of either rooms or per category - easier for a tablet
  • resizable cards (should be able to have them both smaller and larger)

Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

+1

Lots of Homey’s use HA for dashboard purposes :grimacing:
But, Athom invited you to send a drawing or photoshop compilation of your desired dash

Start @ 41:40

This is not only for dashboards, but also for insights!

Possibility to have different chart types would be nice.
Makes no sense to have values that change from 0 to 2kW in an instant to show as a line chart interpolated as a spline… Would be better off using Bars og line graf without rounding (splining) the graf.

I also use some numerical variables to let med show when devices are on/off, and same here…

Are you aware of the fact the Insights data gets (more and more) compressed (after x hours) over time ? If you want/need accurate graphs and adjustable graph types (like you mentioned), I recommend an export app and database.
InfluxDB combined with Grafana for instance.

Yes, aware of scaling and averaging out time series data. Would need to be taken into considerstion, like many other graphing tools do.

Makes no sense to show a intger variable 0/1 as 0,25 if it has been on for 1 out of 4 hours…

Do not like to have a separate server running influxdb and grafana, would prefer to have the insights more functional.

I understand you prefer it local on Homey, I always look for workarounds. Because the insights questions and feature requests go long way back, and there’s not much changed, besides a filter field and some small details. It doesn’t seem to have any priority.

About a ‘server’, I have an old E50,- NUC running Debian 11, with a virtualbox vm’s running HA and OpenMediaVault. I installed Influxdb and Grafana on Debian and it runs nicely.

Will maybe need to power up my older NAS, think maybe there is some plugins like influxdb and grafana…

tir. 1. nov. 2022, 13:59 skrev Homey Pro 2019 Classic via Homey Community Forum <notifications@athom.discoursemail.com>: