Two homey in the same house?

Ok so of I delete some of the units from broker and install the in the client homey then it’s ok? And all scripts and flows also?

Why do I get unknown on start broker?

The field under user password fill in?

Unknown?? I have never seen this message. Here my settings.

You can delete devices and flows in Homey 1 and set them up again in Homey 2. Alternatively, it is possible to import devices into Homey via MQTT and use them on both Homeys. At the time, I did it through the Home Assistant as an intermediary.

Thanks! I found the answer I was using 8883 port changed it to 1883 now it’s fine!

How do you import via mqtt? Do you have some good instructions ?:thinking:

tir. 1. feb. 2022 kl. 05:22 skrev Uwe (Homey Pro) via Homey Community Forum <athom@discoursemail.com>:

One more question! How do you know this is working? Do I need to create some flows in mqtt hub or is the broker client talking automatically to each other? The log homey 2(client) and homey 1(broker) log the hub in homey broker are switching off why?

Install MQTT Explorer. Then you can view all messages passing by.

I have always had my MQTT running via the Home Assistant. All Homey devices were imported into HA via MQTT client.

From HA, I imported the required nodes back to the 2nd Homey using the Homey Home Assistant app. The big advantage was that I could switch all actuators with Homey 1, Home Assistant and Homey 2.

1 Like

Which homey id did you use in hub? Broker homey or client homey? Broker homey id in client homey hub?
homie/homey broker id? [quote=“Undertaker, post:27, topic:54221, full:true”]
I have always had my MQTT running via the Home Assistant. All Homey devices were imported into HA via MQTT client.

From HA, I imported the required nodes back to the 2nd Homey using the Homey Home Assistant app. The big advantage was that I could switch all actuators with Homey 1, Home Assistant and Homey 2.

[/quote]

The hub is only there to publish all Homey devices in the broker. I had the hub running on both Homeys.
Home Assistant Broker Homey ID

The client app is only there to receive the messages from the broker. Enter the broker iD here as well.

Settings

Devices

Instructions

Log

With this app you can communicate with all your devices connected to Homey. A communication channel per device will be created, so external apps can find and control each one of them.

INSTALLATION

To configure the MQTT Hub you have to do the following:

1. Configure an MQTT broker
  • The MQTT broker is the central server handling all MQTT messages.
  • Use the MQTT broker app from Homey the app store or configure an external broker (e.g. CloudMQTT, Mosquitto or HiveMQ).
  1. Install & configure the Homey MQTT Client app
  • Install the MQTT Client app from the Homey app store.
  • Connect the MQTT Client to your MQTT broker.
  1. Install the MQTT Hub (you already did) and let it discover & broadcast all your connected devices
  • The Hub will automatically discover all your devices.
  • The availability & state of each device will be broadcasted.
  1. Configure the MQTT Hub
  • Adjust the Hub settings where needed.
  1. Install any external application supporting MQTT
  • There are many applications supporting MQTT, pick one.
  • Connect your external app to the MQTT broker.
  • Let your app discover all connected devices.
  • If Homey is reported ‘offline’ or datatypes are not discovered correctly, try pressing the ‘broadcast’ button to re-start the device initialization process and be patience.
  • Configure your communication channels by observing & dispatching messages on the available MQTT topics.
  1. Start communicating with Homey
  • Have fun!

Ok thank you! The problem is that the units in the broker don’t shows in the client… or the other way.

It is in the hub under devices right? Or where do I find these devices?

:+1:

Ok maybe iam doing something wrong? I have only two homey no homeassistant, broker in one home etc… but devices will not import to broker.

Do I have to make flows in hub? Home discovery or mqtt device?
Something I’m missing here?

Broker and clients are talking👍 What is supposed to type in here?