Tuya Zigbee wall dimmer 'apparaat reageert niet, zorg er voor dat deze van stroom is voorzien'

Not sure as that screenshot is from @Jan_Peeters but this is my own ZIGBEE screenshot:

One big change i see now: Online and Receive when idle are all checked now :+1:t2:. Both wall-switches still work :crossed_fingers:

Stay sharp :wink:

I am on HP23, and read above tools won’t show Zigbee routes. Apparently you are not on HP23.
That was a little bit confusing.

Early adapter overhere. Homey Pro (early 2018) as it’s (re)name(d) is nowdays.

the other wat around; it IS a Zigbee unit NOT connected to homey

@Peter_Kawa a few days after the ‘reinstall firmware’ i didn’t have had any issues (so far :grimacing:) :+1:t2:.
Thanks for the guidance.

I agree with what @Jan_Peeters mentioned before; there is lag and the devices do not respond very quick but hey, perhaps good to remember it’s all AliExpress whitelabel stuff. As these devices are light switches i can life with a little delay.

Hopefully they keep working now, so i can start building flows around them. A christmass with lights this year! Awesome :smiley:.

@Rmb @Caseda

1 Like

Zigbee units that are not connected to Homey cannot route messages for devices that are connected to Homey, and they also cannot show up in the table because they aren’t part of Homey’s network.

What I think is happening is that the “?” doesn’t necessarily represent a particular node, it’s just Homey’s way of indicating that it doesn’t know how messages from the last node are being routed.

To know this, Homey needs to periodically query all neighbour tables for every router, and perhaps there’s a router that isn’t responding quickly enough.

2 Likes

If you experiment a little bit, you will start to understand the table. So when you switch of a device(remove power from the Zigbee device) or put it at a very large distance, the state of the device will change, the state of the route to the device will change, and routes via this device will change.
Then switch on the device, and every thing has to be reversed. Existing correct routes might even change.
Then you know what is going on.

1 Like

:thinking:
Interesting, could indeed very well be, and explain what is happening over here.
Somehting is wrong with the routing, making the network unstable.

So it could even be that the route goes via 2 other devices (or less or more) but homey can’t tell us?

And is this a Homey issue? Or is this a device issue. I assume it is a device issue as for my other Zigbee devices Homey does show the route. Or might it be improperly be added to the Tuya Zigbee app (no attack, just a brainfart :smiley:).

The lightswitches still work :muscle:

Yes. If you put some ZigBee devices far enough from each other, you will notice.
And you have already seen that when the distance starts getting critical, transmission errors occur, the connection is indicated as bad and/or unknown, but messages are stil received due to retransmissions.

I’m pretty sure it’s a Homey issue.
45+ units on HomeAssistant without similar problems. All of these units used to be connect to Homey.

It is a Homey & Jackass issue. But that doesn’t mean it cannot be solved.:wink:

:cry::broken_heart:

Thanks for all the advice. My Zigbee wall switches do still work after i did a reinstall firmware.

For people who also have weird Zigbee issues; when you have issues with your Zigbee devices (and tried almost everything) try a reinstall firmware!

:white_check_mark:

2 weeks later.
Not even one faulty trigger/action happend.
I confirm that this works (for me :smiley:).