[TUTORIAL] Trigger a flow using calendar events

You can use Todays events, title and time for that purpose

Or Tomorrows events, title and time for tomorrows events

but it is only working if there is one appointment. If there is several it only reads time?

The Todays events, title and time is filled with all events happening today. The Tomorrows events, title and time is likewise filled with all events happening tomorrow.

Each event is constructed like this:

If the event is only today: Summary; start(HH:mm) to stop(HH:mm)

If the event is multiple days: Summary; start(DD.MM HH:mm) to end(DD.MM HH:mm)

thank you for taking the time, my competence here is probably a bit limited as a beginner, so not able to get it to work. Should i use logic in flow Whats wrong?

[image]

Is there also a way that google tts only lists event name instead of event name and start end time?

There’s no image here. So i’m not sure how to answer this. But to use the flow tokens you should use logic cards in your flows, yes

Google TTS just reads out what is given to it as text. You would have to parse the flow token content yourselves some how if you only wanted the event names.

1 Like

Hi,

I have a question regarding ongoing events that started in the past. I have an ongoing event that repeats and are several days long. I’m using this “and” statement: “Event containing bla in calendar bla is ongoing”. If the ongoing event start this day (full day event), the “and” statement works. From the next day on it doesn’t work anymore. I see this event not in “Bla is ongoing”, I see just the future events, but not the current one. In the settings I see this comment: Events with start date inside given time frame will be synced in". Not sure what I do wrong

Can you please provide an example of an ongoing recurring event you have in your calendar? The event you are referring to, is it actually ongoing for several days or is the start/stop timestamps inside same day but is repeated several days?

I created a new ongoing recurring event in my own calendar to see if this works as it should. This event started yesterday and is ongoing until tomorrow evening, and will repeat itself every sunday.

Hi, Thank you so much for your answer. Here you see the flow.

And my calendar

And the details of the calendar entry
Screenshot 2023-09-11 at 20.21.50

I created an event just like that in my own calendar, and it works as it should at my end.

BTW, you do know that using a Start button like this in an advanced flow will never automatically trigger your flow. The Start button only allows you to trigger this advanced flow from another flow.

Thanks, yes I know about the start button, but thank you :slight_smile: . When I run this flow the variable doesn’t set correctly, so it seems like it doesn’t find the correct/current event in the calender.

And the current ongoing event is not visible. Just the future ones

Well, since none of the events you are showing in the list has started yet, the variable should be set to No :wink:

Hehe. Exactly that is the problem. Why does the current event not show up?

Since the event isn’t showing up in the list, its not imported!

Can you follow the steps in this trouble shooting guide and paste the diagnostics report here please, and i’ll have a look at whats happening

1 Like

Thank you. Here is the report id: feff10ab-2bed-425c-b14a-7c2166dbc9c0

I’m not getting the full log since Homey is truncating large logs… Can you please lower the import timeframe to 1 week and do the same troubleshooting guide again?