The new Homey Pro — Ask Me Anything

I didn’t insinuate that I was expecting to receive it on Monday or this week, but I did read a lot of “they shouldn’t ship an unfinished product” here. So I was wondering if it was delayed and if I missed it.

The week hasn’t passed, and honestly I couldn’t care less about receiving the new Homey today, tomorrow, next week or next month as it’s early access anyways and a lot of apps still need to be updated.

If it’s ready to ship, it’s ready to ship. They’re not going to hold on to stock for no reason so if we all are just patient, we’ll receive it soon.

This is the personal opinion of some users and app developers. Athom employees are usually not represented in the forum and only participate in exceptional cases.

I will by no means switch off my old Homey. It will continue to be the backbone of my Smart Home.
I don’t think I will do a complete integration via restore. The better method will be to move individual areas piece by piece and manually.
That way, the chances of not triggering a super disaster are the greatest.
Let this year pass, then Homey 23 will be a really good system.

3 Likes

If there is already a problem with this adapter or a special way to install it that you know about then it’s not surprising that there are questions about it, is it?

Well, it wouldn’t be a problem if you looked at the big picture on the box.

haha, I may hope that this is not where Robert is talking about? how clear do you want it to be.

it is. Even some developers didn’t get it right on the first try.

3 Likes

The problem isn’t people not understanding the schematic, the problem is people not looking at it.

3 Likes

Haha, I out myself :smile:
Could not await, took out of the box and assembled in in wrong way (like other USB-C adapters putting the short cable into Homey).
And I looked at the picture first…but habit is stronger :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Fixed that for you:

it is. Even some most developers didn’t get it right on the first try.

4 Likes

I got it first try :smile:

1 Like

Also my plan, start with basics and beta test and move over app by app.

Have also spent the last few months condensing devices into apps/manufacturers I know are going to be supported or already are - so I’ve got rid of about 4 apps already that had random singular devices on. Can’t wait to receive mine.

I just got an email:

We're preparing to ship your order #47XXX at the end of this week. Please verify that your address is still correct.

*REDACTED*

✅ If your address is correct, great! You don't have to do anything.
❌ If your address has changed, please reply to this e-mail as soon as possible with your new address.

Thank you for checking! We will e-mail you a Track & Trace code when the package has been handed over to the carrier. That e-mail will include instructions on how to get started with Homey Pro while it's still in Early Access, so please read those carefully.

Just a few more days! 🤗

— Athom

P.S. If you've also purchased the Homey Pro Ethernet Adapter, it will of course be included in your shipment.
3 Likes

There is no issue tracker for users or developers to see if the issue they are running in to is already known, which means that when an issue pops up, there’s a good chance the issue is already known, so reporting the issue will decrease the SNR level as a whole.

Sounds a little optimistic Robert. That suggests people would look in the issue tracker before they post a issue :joy:

On one side i think it’s good to do some kind of early access to retrieve feedback to fix issues.
But when your backlog is already full of issues that need to be resolved it might not be the best moment.

I guess app developers like you have more insights in the current state and can better judge if it’s wise or not. I’ve seen more devs advising not to ship the right now.

Imagine the units where already shipped in December…

I’ll thank the Chinese they saved our Christmas :joy:

1 Like

That’s kinda standard in any company:
Devs / Tech / Security says NO NOT READY YET, BECAU…Sales and Finance: Don’t care, WE HAVE TO SELL

3 Likes

With the difference that those dev/tech/security people get paid for having to deal with the fallout :wink:

3 Likes

We’re preparing to ship your order #56xxx at the end of this week.

Got this yesterday :partying_face:

1 Like

The problem is its a stupid design regarding the malen / female plus, especialy when you want to combine it with poe. However it works fine.

Well i have to give my complements to athom i reported the bugs i found, and they camel back to me a day later and some are fixed already with in a week.

7 Likes