TerriblešŸ‘æ customer service Athom/Homey

Past year my homey stopped working. The adapter was broken. After switching to another adapter I couldnā€™t access my flows(ofcourse flows running didnā€™t run anymore).

After i got a RMA form i send Honey towards Athom. I tried to contact Athom 7 times by email. Never ever got an answer.

After some ā€˜thirdā€™ help I got Homey back(2 Ā½ week later).

Homey had a new adapter and new software. But still flows are not accessible or work. Same problem as past year.

The only way to get in contact is by email. But after 7 attempts i have given up. No working Homey.

Anyone has the same or a better experience?

Do you even contact the support here:

No times I waited more then one day for an answer! But you have to send a diagnostic report to send the support question.

Ofcourse I did all that, including diagnostic report, Homey support, Slack support, direct connect through Slack with a Athom employee, etc etc etc

Thatā€™s really bad newsā€¦ How I saidā€¦ I had never a problem to contact them and get an quick answer.

Strange, i also got a good service. Device replacement (I bought a new Homey with one led of the led-ring not working properly) and I get answers quite fast when I email themā€¦

I feel this is the downside of start-ups like Athom. You canā€™t simply call them and explain the situation. You can only keep on trying to email themā€¦ I hope Athom helps you like they shouldā€¦

I sent my broken Homey Pro one month ago and I had 0 replyā€™s.

It used the be decent. But now itā€™s ā€œdeadā€. Not a single email that my Homey is received. Nothing

This is very worrying

Yes, indeed homey support is not available for few weeks now. Possibly they are fully assigned to the development. Whatever it is I find it dangerous as support is really the face of the company toward customers. Neglecting this part of the business is realy to be worried about.

Also have no response on support ticket raised after two weeks. Followed the proper procedure and included the diagnostic report. Yes started to worry now.

I had a RMA - and then the replacement honey which was sent had no legs and was the wrong ZWave frequency for my region. So I canā€™t use it.

Over three weeks not a single reponce.

Not sure whatā€™s happened or if itā€™s a sign of a bigger issue at Athom or not but itā€™s not good.

Think they all are in Vegas at CES

Just received lower so FYI guys.

Thank you for contacting Athom support, our apologies for the slow answer.

Due to long-term illness and a backlog that we encountered in December last year, we havenā€™t been able to respond to all emails the way weā€™d like to. Please note we are doing everything we can to improve our response times and of course the health of our colleagues.

In the mean time, your ticket will remain with us, and our goal is to answer your question as soon as possible. It may however take some time before we are able to get back to you.

Once again, our apologies for the inconvenience.

3 Likes

Probably itā€™s @Boaz that is sick :frowning: he was doing most of my tickets.

1 Like

Iā€™m also waiting for a reply/solution on an issue that Iā€™ve sent in (correctly with diagnostic report and so) over a month agoā€¦ Already sent a reply, still no answerā€¦

It might not be the case with Athom, but sometimes a support ticket systems moves your message to the back of the stack if you reply to the ticket.

But I agree, itā€™s really hard to get some support directly from Athom. I tried for more than 8 monthā€™s to file a bug in the Mi-light app: Email, this forum, a google form, directly on Github, on the review page of the appā€¦ got zero response. Iā€™ve given up, and if I have the time I probably fork the source and fix it myself :roll_eyes:

I just had a reply. I received a new Homey. But lost my flows again and my remote control that I was required to sent to themā€¦

Hopefully that will be resolved

I thnink the problem is that they went from Netherlands only to almost whole europe in a couple of months. Now they cant handle all the customer support.

1 Like