Ten years of Homey — Ask Me Anything 💬

Given that Homey is twice the price of most rivals and Matter has been a damp squib so far, why would I upgrade from my 2016 device (and does it have an EoL date?). Have you considered a subsidised upgrade for long term customers?

1 Like
  1. The thing i am missing is logging. And i mean error logging just like any linux log. It is hard to trouble shoot App, Zwave and Zigbee problems.

2. Will there be a dongle that has audio out? It is missed by many

3. Virtual switches are amazing. Setting a state without switching it should always be possible. But it is experimental. Will it be production ready so i can be sure it will not dissapear?

4. How does all the insights data effect the storage? I can imagine that the storage will wear out?

5. Although turing a homey off does not seem necsesarry, there are issues with homeys that loose power and won’t boot. And this makes sence. Just like any other OS, a power interrupt while writing will corrupt data. Will there be a shutdown button?

6. Will there be a way for appbuilders to change the tiles? For Heimdal, it would be cool if the tile color and icon would change according with the status of the alarm.

2 Likes

Twice the amount of memory, twice the number of apps?

The Pro 2023 has twice as much memory as the Pro 2019, 2GB’s of RAM.
Which made me think at the introduction: whohoo, finally we can install twice as much apps (which still is a limited number imho).

Of course depending on the individual memory use of apps, I can install around 40 apps max. @ Pro 2019;
As I understand apps tend to use twice the amount of RAM @ Pro 2023:
What’s the max reported number of installed apps?

As asked before / on popular demand, ánd because it’s possible:
why not add 4GB, 8GB & 16GB models as well? Homey Pro-16 2024 f.e. sounds nice .

Or did I just expose a cunning marketing plan :laughing: ?

2 Likes

Related to this: what’s the status of your cooperation with Raspberry Pi on fixing this WiFi issue, as according to Athom support this also causes issues with Bluetooth dropping out, requiring a restart to get it up and running again for a few hours.

4 Likes

Is it maybe possible to develop a Homey Pro+ that has a build-in LTE-module and a fallback system when WiFi or WAN/LAN fails ?

(And then develop also an LTE-module that can be connected to a regular Homey Pro ánd in “Homey-shape” so it can be stacked)

1 Like

That’s something you should better do in your LAN (LTE router on WAN2 port of your router as fallback).

3 Likes

Hello,
1- add a parameter in the app in order to have more tiles/row (at least 4 or 5)
2- add a parameter to allow/forbid tiles that switch on/off on touch
3- make the led ring programmable again (you can always keep the white and red for system purpose)
4- a debug mode with the succession of flows and logs
5- a dashboard

3 Likes

What about using the Bridge as a BLE extender? A seperate network is one thing, but extending all functionality to the HP23 would be a minimum. The Bridge is a expensive brick in my network. The BLE coverage for HP23 is terrible.

2 Likes

Alr mentioned in 2nd post :crazy_face:

1 Like

And as Emile himself will not give the answer: good point, we will investigate the options. It most likely means they will announce it :thinking: :grin:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Communication problems between Homey Pro and Homey Bridge

First of all: congratulations with this milestone!

My question is if the implementation/update of the previous Hikvision app will be done?

Lots of people are asking for this on the forum since Hikvision is populair amongst a lot of users. Integrating Hikvision within Homey pro 2023 isn’t possible, though it was possible in previous homey versions.

So could the app be updated for homey pro 2023 or could a new app be made :slight_smile: ?

It would be really much appreciated! Thanks a lot in advance and keep up the good work!!!

2 Likes

Congratulations on your 10 year anniversary! :partying_face:

:hourglass_flowing_sand: Can you add an optional duration parameter to WHEN (Trigger) cards?

There is one for some THEN cards (e.g. dim to 100% for 5 minutes), but I think it would be very convenient to have them for most WHEN-cards, e.g.:

• When no one is at home for at least 5 minutes, ask if my Roborock needs to clean
    (This way it does not immediately trigger after a short GPS drift)
  • When the light is on for at least 30 minutes, ask if it should be turned of
  • When the power usage of the washing machine is lower than 10 watt for at least 5 minutes, send a push notification.

I know it can be done with Device Capabilities and/or Countdown with extra cards, but I think many of my flows can get much cleaner when you can just add a duration to a WHEN-card instead.

:heavy_division_sign: Can you add decimal support for the delays?

Now you can only delay a subsequent action by at least 1 second, but when I want to send of a streak of WebOS+ remote commands, sometimes, 0.2 seconds is enough of a delay.

:video_camera: Will there be new Homey tips YouTube videos?

I enjoyed watching them and think it would be a good way to showcase what new features, such as moods, can be used for in real life situations.

:zap: Can you add support for overriding Power Usage when on/off for devices that have them set by the app?

I think/hope Nanoleaf has wrong values set there, they now take up a lot of the ring in the energy tab while being turned off (20.5W)

:see_no_evil: Will you add support for hiding devices?

I have 4 spots in a group that I always control together, so I have the group in my living room and the individual spots in a place called “Zomaar ergens”, which I started with a “Z” so it would appear at the bottom. (Sorting would also be nice)

🪭 Will you be supporting animated icons for devices that are turned on?

In Apple Home when I have a fan on, the fan will start spinning in the overview, which is quite fancy.

:control_knobs: And yes, is an official dashboard coming?

I know there are apps for it, but I think an official dashboard could be better integrated. Preferable one with dynamic components that can be shown/hidden based on conditions.

:red_car: Will there be CarPlay support in the future?

Probably not at the top of the priority list, but I have an automation on my iPhone that when I enter carplay, a HomeyScript checks for traffic jams (or speed traps) on my usual work route and notifies my of them. But the notification does not show up while driving, only after. And would be nice to start a flow to open my door when I arrive home.

6 Likes

And another one: when is the official Tuya-app available?

Last info: Tuya has officially joined the “Talks With Homey” program - #36 by Doekse

2 Likes

congrats,

Can you implement a tile to for e.g. set a wake up alarm which than can be use in a flow?

Thanks

1 Like

First of all, congratulations on this milestone, and continue on to the 12.5 years, 15 years, 20 years and more! (of course we always want fun promotions to celebrate this :wink: ) but can you indicate how many Homey’s are actually “online”?

1 Like

Again,

Is the Ajax Security app making progress? Can you give a prediction when to find it in the Homey App Store?

Thanks

1 Like

Here you can track progress and updates, Rogier
https://request-a-brand.homey.app/boards/request-a-brand/posts/ajax-system

1 Like

Great question, would like to know as well :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :joy: :joy:

1 Like