Ten years of Homey — Ask Me Anything 💬

Alarms on Homey Pro are in the More … tab

Have you found that and in what would that be different?

2 Likes

Thanks, I feel a bit stupid. Missed that completely. This is sort of what I’m looking for. But none of the 5 working days are the same in our household. Not even per week. So I have to set a time every night for the next morning. But I appreciate your quick reply. Do you perhaps have an other tip? I did this before with google assistant but this ‘assistant’ can be a pain in the butt.

1 Like

Happy birthday Homey :tada::partying_face:

Here are my questions:

• is there any chances to see homey music back?
    -Are you going to let us sort devices in the devices tab
    -is an android auto/carplay integration is possible in the future?
    -Will we finally be able to hide zone or devices in the homey app?
  • is there a chance to see homey devices in Samsung smartthing in the future?
    -and please, we want to add multiple ZigBee lights at once and control them as a group!:sob:

Thank you for making my home smarter !!:partying_face:

4 Likes

Use: IcalCalendar App for Homey | Homey ?

2 Likes

A more stable iOS app would be an improvement with notification icon on the app symbol enabled and support for widgets.

1 Like

Hi Homey,
Amazing product, I have some questions and some new features:

1. When we will have matter bridge to add it to Google home, smart things or HomeKit, to me the capability of use Siri or Google assistant is very useful

2. An app to learn rf and ir and play them

3. Please add the capability targetHumidity ou the class dehumidifier/humidifier to be able of add this type of devices

4. Any plans to support zigbee plus 800

Keep the amazing work an please keep it local

1 Like

Congrats on the 10 years!

My question:
Have you considered a flow-like builder for creating your own apps/cards, when you do not have much experience coding?

Many devices use IR/RF in our home which arent intelligent and do not have dedicated apps in Homey.

I would love it, if I could use a builder flow to learn the RF for my curtains and then build a trigger, so Homey knows the state of my curtains, when we use the RF-remote control.
This is of course possible - if I were to code it, but what I would love, is if you could lower the bar, so more people could create their own custom on-device apps/triggers/flow cards, when they have no or little experience coding.

2 Likes

Let users have one state at the time.
Or away, or sleeping, or home.
If Someone who is away is sleeping it is not interesting for the state of the house.

Make the flow cards for last person is a sleep only for persons that are home on that moment.

2 Likes

Can Athom please list all software differences between HP2019 and HP2023?
I encountered multiple the last period.

1 Like

Congratulation!!! :tada:

– Has the Z-Wave problem finally been solved? If so, what has been done to get this problem under control?
– Are the “Ideas & Suggestions” from the category of the same name taken seriously? What are the criteria for whether they will be realized at some point? Which ones have already been realized? I haven’t seen any implemented yet, for example: using your own icons, hiding devices, being able to arrange devices yourself. Just to name a few often liked ideas.

Edit 03.06.24
– Why isn’t the possibility to do firmware updates of Z-Wave devices not implemented yet? Afaik, the Z-Wave chip can do it. I know, not every company publishes firmware files or firmware updates are only possible with their own smart home gateway, as it’s the case with Fibaro e.g. But Shelly and Aeotec, among others, are big players on the market where a firmware update would be possible.

2 Likes

+1 on hiding devices

1 Like

When do we get the LED option back, then my Homey 2023 will get a place in the living room again.

3 Likes

Agree with arrange devices and rooms yourself.

Have putting numbers in front but with Google assistent is that sometimes terrible. “9 audio on/off”.
Make cards also not nice to read. 1 xxx 2 yyyy.

You can request it here, it was not requested yet:
https://request-a-brand.homey.app/search?term=hikvision

1 Like

Hi Peter, thx for the link. I did request it a month ago though :slight_smile: . But I did it again, just to be sure :wink:

1 Like

YW, Jurre.
Odd, I still can’t find Hikvision at the request site?

1 Like

Hi Peter, I tried to search on ‘Hikvision’ and indeed it did not show any results. However after trying it several times my various requests popped up:

https://request-a-brand.homey.app/search?term=Hikvision

However, still when I start the webpage again and search for Hikvision it again doesn’t show…strange :thinking:

1 Like

May be a hik-up (yes only a bit funny in half Dutch/English)

2 Likes

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Possibility to hide some devices

2 Likes