Switch with integrated presence detection not listed under the "Activity" tab of app

Hello!

Context

I have some Inovelli VZW32-SN switches (z-wave dimmers with mmWave presence sensing) connected to my Homey (pro mini + bridge). As the description implies, they are not primarily detection devices, but they incorporate the functionality.

I have the Inovelli Homey app installed. Presence detection is appropriately useable within flows, and is displayed with the blue dots within the zone list in the app.

Issue

Observed behavior

In the Homey app, if I hit the “Activity” category button in the device list, I am just greeted by a prompt to add some sensors to track activity in my home (implying I have none).

Expected behavior

I expect the presence sensors from my switches to appear in that section/view.

Homey already appropriately interprets the presence sensor being triggered as an activity (blue dot in zone list). Not including the status/timeline of these sensors that are understood to be activity sensors sounds like a bug to me.

In the Advanced Settings menu in the device tile, there is an option ‘Exclude from zone activity’. It should be set to ‘No’.

You can also check/configure this via the Activity tile by clicking the Settings button (cog wheel).

The strange thing is that you mention that you see a blue dot appearing on the device tile, which normally means that the device may trigger zone activity.

Yes I did check advanced settings. The device is not excluded from activity. Yet it’s not listed there either.