[SupportRequest] TP-Link Tapo - Smart plugs, energy monitoring

I bought some Tapo TP-Link P110 smart plugs, mainly to use for energy monitoring but I have been unable to get the energy monitoring working with Homey, I can see and control the switch but nothing shows up for the energy. I can see the energy usage in the Tapo app, but that only gives me an update of the energy being used right then, plus a daily figure, I was hoping to get a proper graph of usage in Homey Insights.

Does anyone have any suggestions, possibly certain brands use different methods for the energy monitoring and not all are compatible with Homey?

I am currently using the “TP-Link Smart Devices” app in Homey, as there only seemed to be a choice of that one or one designed for a specific brand of TP-Link devices that required an account with that brand.

Alternatively, can anyone recommend some energy monitoring smart plugs for the UK that work correctly with Homey, including insights? Don’t care which protocol they use, and the cheaper the better!

2 Likes

The App TP-Link Kasa Smart App for Homey | Homey is from Athom for Homey for the Official TP-Link Kasa Cloud connection.

For Homey Pro you can also use the community developed app TP-Link Smart Devices App for Homey | Homey

but both don’t support the TAPO / P110,
you should Ask TP-Link (Support | TP-Link) (or Athom) to provide support for them.

Just look in the App store first before you buy something, there is a variety from many other Brands (fe NEO, Fibaro) working.

Beside waiting for an App, please Contact TP-Link (Support | TP-Link) to provide Support for Matter* (Matter | TP-Link ) as an alternative to the Homey Apps.

*only available form Homey Pro (Early 2023)

Hello group

I have just purchased two new TP Link Tapo P-100 smart plugs and they do not seem to be detected in the TP-Link homey app.

Is there a compatible app or is anyone adding them to TP-Link please?

:+1:t2:

@jpmbosco, did you get this P100 working with homey?

Can we get support for Tp-link Tapo P100 and related products please? I am new to Homey (Homey Pro 2023). The Tapo P100 are popular here and in Australia and having seen support for TP-link products I assumed they would be supported, it is disappointing that they aren’t. Thanks

@Melanie_Brown, I am working on the integration as we speak :slight_smile:

might also want to watch the test version

1 Like

Incredible - any update on the P100 integration?

For P100 devices you can use P110 driver if I remember correctly.