Started on app for Electrolux Pure A9 air purifier/fan

Hi @Kyrcio thanks for quick reply.

I got tired of Fibaro LUA and all the errors I got and so I used plain and simple Powershell script with Invoke-webrequest to confirm that I am going at it correctly and in it, the commands works, but I still don’t see the data - but as you don’t either, it really seams as API change…

Now I need to figure out why the LUA web request does not work and that will be fun…

I really like Electrolux purifier as its probably the most silent one I ever encountered, but I am also not happy about manufacturers claiming to have smart devices as long as they have some app without any automatization and API…

@Kyrcio Hi! Any plans for support for Electrolux Well A5? Just wondering. :slight_smile:

I wonder if the old app would work with Mila air purifiers?

Does this app still work? I am trying to add my A9 purifier, but after giving the correct email and password it times out without finding any devices.

It does indeed work, but I have had some reports of people having trouble with adding devices on new accounts or newly purchased ones. I am starting to suspect there may be multiple versions of their cloud API out there. I only own the A9 from the original launch of the product so I haven’t been able to verify this.

If anyone who owns a newer device and/or account and has some time to run the app in debug mode we could try to dive into if any of the APIs have changed. They actually promised a public API long ago but I haven’t seen it materialize.

Hopefully the manufacturers will embrace Matter and that will be the end of these horrible proprietary cloud apps, but I wouldn’t bet on it :confused:

Thank you for your reply. I bought my device in 2019, but only recently discovered your app. I have no prior experience in running an app in debug mode unfortunately.

Can you please send a diagnostics report through app settings? (Do this after you have tried to add the device)

I see a lot of error reports from the last couple of weeks indicating network/connectivity issues. I wonder if the API endpoints are not that stable? Adding a simple retry/backoff logic to some of the calls might improve stability. I’ll think about it. Ideas are always welcome :slight_smile:

New version is published that might improve reliability with newer A9 devices. It seems the newer devices do not have the luminance meter that older devices had. This could trigger errors in the caps update logic. Those of you that had issues with the A9 device sometimes stopped working, please check if version 0.1.7 is more stable.

I just gave it another try, with no results unfortunately. I have sent a diagnostic report.

I received the report, thank you. It seems there is a compatibility issue when logging in to your account, possibly the API was updated. I am however able to log in using my own account so it may be that this depends on the account itself. Some more digging is needed I think

Thanks for looking into it. Is there anything I can do on my end?

the app seams ols, is there plans to update?

Any chance of an update?

For some reason the authentication is failing. This occured few weeks ago. I restarted the app and Homey but that didn’t help. Finally I removed the A9 and trying to add it again. I get constantly timeout error. Electrolux’s own app is working so this should not be an network issue. Is anyone else getting these symptons when trying to use A9 through Homey?

1 Like

Yes, authentication fails since a month or so. It seems like Electrolux Wellbeing have migrated over to a new API.

This Homey app is communicating with https://api.delta.electrolux.com/api/, which appears to be offline.

My native Electrolux Wellbeing app is communicating with https://api.eu.ocp.electrolux.one/ and seems to have being doing so for the past year. It will probably take some work to get this app working again. I will try to help out but no promises.

OK, thank you. I was planning to add airquality meter to my system to run the air purifier according to it’s readings. But wait and see. Electrolux is quite annoying since their air conditioners are controlled by different app than the air purifier. But I will wait to see if this can be fixed. Otherwise it is really nice app, the readings what the device gives through Homey app are fantastic.

Would it be possible to update this to work with HP23? :smiley:

I’ve started to update this app, which seems to okay. The biggest issue is get apikey client secret for the new api https://api.eu.ocp.electrolux.one/ or https://api.ocp.electrolux.one/.

I’ve found three sets of keys online, but none of them work when I test with postman. I can get a token, but can’t access the api by using the token.

Does anyone know where I can register for my own keys?

1 Like

Thanks to the contribution of @brakedalen, the app is now updated to support both the new Homey API and the new Electrolux backend.

Can be tried out here Electrolux Wellbeing | Homey