Sonos will not play music from Homey card using Homey Pro 2023

Hi experts,
I have a problem with my Homey Pro starting up mu sonos speakers after having power them up.
Setup is like this: 1 Sonos One in the bathroom and 2 Sonons One (paired) in the kitchen. Both sets are connected through a power plug. So I have a card powering Sonos up and a wait for 65 seconds, to secure that the Sonos is powered up and connected. Thereafter I use the card “Set Sound level for …” and finally uses the card “Play the … Favorite”. Now when I test this everything is working just fine until the card “Play the … Favorite”. That card fails and nothing happens.
Now the strange thing… If I take my phone, start up the Sonos app and and a random thing and stops it again AND run the flow again it works just fine.
So it seems that Homey cannot initate the first play when Sonos has been powered on. Anybody who can tell me what I do wrong or should do?

Why are you turning of the power of the Sonos devices? Normaly when you use smart devices you don’t take every time the power off.
Then it has no connection to Homey and it’s network.

If you still take the power off you can try to restart the Sonos app after 65 seconds so it can discover the Sonos speakers again.
Maybe this will help.

Because I only use them a few hours a day and therefore want to save standby power. Each one takes 5W in stand by = 131 kWh/year for all 3 speakers.

Btw. Restart Sonos app in Homey works. Now it will play music again :slight_smile:
Thank you very much for your suggestion.