Sonos Group Volume

Hi I’m using a Symfonisk. I have a running group with 3 Sonos Speakers if I use the Symfonisk when the speakers are grouped it turns the volume up and down only for one speaker. If I put all speakers in the flow they even change the volume different. Is there a way to solve this. I m missing the value group volume.

Thx

I’d suggest looking into Sonos node api docker container…

Do you have a main speaker on which the volume is changed? Or can it be any speaker from the group?

No it can be any any sealer cause usually they are running as group

I get the best result by adjusting the volume of the other Sonos in the same group to the changed Sonos with a delay from 1 to 3 seconds.

The easiest way > You need for each speaker one Flow like this:

MY FLOW S1
When
Volume S1 changend
And
Logic-Card with cointained a + (to make sure that the speaker is in a group)
Then
Deaktivate MY FLOW S2
Deaktivate MY FLOW S3
Deaktivate MY FLOW S4
Change Volume S2 to Volume S1 delay 1 seconds
Change Volume S3 to Volume S1 delay 1 seconds
Change Volume S4 to Volume S1 delay 1 seconds
Activate MY FLOW S2 delay 2 seconds
Activate MY FLOW S3 delay 2 seconds
Activate MY FLOW S4 delay 3 seconds

MY FLOW S2
When
Volume S2 changend
And
Logic-Card with cointained a + (to make sure that the speaker is in a group)
Then
Deaktivate MY FLOW S1
Deaktivate MY FLOW S3
Deaktivate MY FLOW S4
Change Volume S1 to Volume S2 delay 1 seconds
Change Volume S3 to Volume S2 delay 1 seconds
Change Volume S4 to Volume S2 delay 1 seconds
Activate MY FLOW S1 delay 2 seconds
Activate MY FLOW S3 delay 2 seconds
Activate MY FLOW S4 delay 3 seconds

and so on for the other speakers. You need activation/deactivation otherwise the Flows run into a loop.

Can u show us this flow?
And tell us which Homey version u are running with what Sonos version on it?

Off Topic There is missing a Card like Change Volume of a Group. If you have a Sonos-Group and you change the volume of one speaker in the group the others in the group will not change. The only exception: Speakers as a stereo pair. This is since i have Sonos.

Thanks will try this later :slight_smile:

I just use the command change relative volume for each speaker. I’m on 5.0 RC 48 Sonos Version is 5.0.14.

I just tested this with some other speakers and the volume is exactly the same on all speakers after turning the relative volume up for all of them without a delay. Cannot test this with 3 single speakers nor with Symfonisk speakers because most of my speakers are grouped alr.

Ok I keep an eye on it. Maybe have restart the Sonos and the Homey.

Thanks for your help,:wink:

I know it might be useless but you could also send Athom a feature request to add a volume card for groups.

Dunno when u added the speakers for the last time but with an update from the Sonos app a while ago it was needed to re-add the speakers. Maybe try that also if u didn’t alr?

Good idea think it would be a useful feature :+1:

Should it be under the topic ,Idea and Suggestion, ?

No, you have to use this form.

Tested it with 1 Beam, 1 Sub, 1-Stereo-Pair (2 Devices) and 3 Single-Devices in one Group. Changing the Volume on one Device only the Volume of this Device is changed and all others in the Group not.

Running Homey with 5.0.0-rc.48 and Sonos-Athom-App 6.0.2-Beta. All Sonos-Devices newest Generation and on Sonos-V2.

@Rocodamelshekima Hmm, is there a difference betwenn VolumeUP and ReltiveVolumeUP? Only using VolumeUP (Set Volume to).

Ow sorry. I tested with changing the relative volume on all speakers in a flow. The TS said that there was different volumes on the speakers when he does that.

chrome_2020-12-20_11-18-32

chrome_2020-12-20_11-18-22

Both will have the same volume after running the flow over and over again.

I don’t have a card like that. Using 5.0.14

Correction: am not using the Sonos app at all, just installed it for testing this very issue. Using the node api thingie and some Sonos php files on my Synology because I have a mix of S1 and S2 speakers. Homey’s Sonos apps can’t/won’t handle that.

Done :wink:

1 Like