SONOFF Zigbee Human Presence Sensor | SNZB-06P

Hi,

Does your driver also measure the light intensity?

And I read it also does motion detection. But that means (for now) that when sitting still doesn’t get detected?

Hi,

For now it does not measure light intensity. Even though the cluster seems to be present (manufacturer_specific:0xFC11[?] ) it’s not exposing any value. At least not in the most recent firmware version 1.0.5.

According to Sonoff official website, a new firmware release is expected in January 2024, with the following enhancements:

(source: [SNZB-06P Firmware Upgrade and Home Assistant Operation Guide - SONOFF Official])

It seems light sensing (Illumination) will be there, but only as binary bright/dim values and not Lux values, judging by the highlighted comment in yellow, above.

Also not sure if there’s any dependency on the Zigbee hub itself, according to the user manual, in which Homey is not on the list of “supported” hubs:
(source: User-Manual_SNZB-06PEN-V1.0.pdf (sonoff.tech))

In any case, I’ll try it in the next firmware update.

Cheers,
Ricardo

The zigbee2mqtt documentation/Github suggest that illumination should work already, but looking at this converter I wonder if it only works when the controller sets a specific manufacturer code.

In which case you won’t be able to make it work with Homey, because it’s not possible to set that code programmatically (Athom has hardcoded a different manufacturer code to be able to pair newer Aqara devices, but I doubt that they will add another one).

That’s possible. Even though I interviewed the device in ZHA with a SONOFF ZBDongle-E, which is a supported controller, but still could not get a read on the attributes of that cluster. I wonder if the code has been developed but not yet made available in an OTA firmware…

From what I’m reading on Github, illumination updates work, at least for zigbee2mqtt. I don’t know if ZHA sets the proper manufacturer code.

For reference, the app has been submitted for certification today, after having all the required images. I will post here as soon as it is generally available in the Homey App Store. Cheers.

2 Likes

Hi @Ricardo_Santos can you please provide me the code for testing? My email is subhagato@gmail.com

Looks like that there is a new Sonoff app
[APP][Pro] SONOFF Zigbee - #261 by Laurent_Chardin.
Up to now SNZB-06P is not supported, but on the app page is mentioned: “More devices will be added soon.”

Thanks for bringing this to my attention @Warmduscher .
I contacted the developer “StyraHem Sweden” by email in case they want to use my source code and add support for this sensor.

Cheers,
Ricardo

1 Like

Their code is open, perhaps you can create a PR? GitHub - StyraHem/Homey.Sonoff.Zigbee: Sonoff Zigbee Devices

Working on it. :wink:

2 Likes

By the way, @johan_bendz also opened his github repository today as you can check here:

Hi Ricardo.
Not sure I’v seen a message from you regarding this but you are more than welcome to send me a PR: GitHub - JohanBendz/tech.sonoff :smiley:

// Johan

1 Like

Thanks, @johan_bendz. I count on doing in the coming days. Cheers.

1 Like

Hello,
Is there any news on the integration of the sensor into the app?
Thnaks

It is added to the official Sonoff app in the test version:

ok…thanks!!

Hi,

My app submission has been rejected by Homey because there’s already a Sonoff app and more are accepted. In the meantime, @johan_bendz kindly added my driver to his app and it is present in the test version. The first test version was not working properly and was pending correction. Not sure if it has been fixed already. Will test it again shortly.

Cheers,
Ricardo

:grinning: Thank you!

Hi Niels,

Can you change the cool-down (delay) in the app?
Does it show luminance as well?